Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Help needed: stroke for om366 camshaft

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  tlane 
#1 ·
HI
I am currently feeling very frustrated not being able to find a source for the stroke measurement for the compressor journal on my om 366.
it was not ground for the air compressor which i would like to put on.
i have talked to a BW member who was looking for in info but has not gotten back to me. about a week ago...
i have the cam at the machinist awaiting this measurement so i can get it going.
any help or direction to ask would help...thank you...

Doc

#2 · (Edited)
Well.... not finding it exactly for the OM366, but a OM352A/OM362 engine manual show a nominal journal diameter of 32mm, stroke of 30mm for the 140cm3 and 208cm3 camshaft-driven compressors (30mm*77mm and 30mm*94mm stroke/bore respectively). The journal tolerances are within a few hundredths depending on whether it is the 77mm or 94mm stroke.

#3 ·
Well.... not finding it exactly for the OM366, but a OM352A/OM362 engine manual show a nominal journal diameter of 32mm, stroke of 30mm for the 140cm3 and 208cm3 camshaft-driven compressors (30mm*77mm and 30mm*94mm bore/stroke respectively). The journal tolerances are within a few hundredths depending on whether it is the 77mm or 94mm stroke.
Does the equate to the 3 bolt and 4 bolt compressor?

#4 ·
Not sure... I can't find any compressor numbers (tool numbers but not parts) in the relevant section (13.13 of this manual). The section for installation of the 77mm bore (140cm3) compressor looks like it has 3 mounting bolts, the 94mm bore (208cm3) compressor seems to have 4 bolts. I can try reprinting the bearing gage tables here if it would help to look over.

Attachments

#9 ·
Doc,
I tried to send you a couple of texts (guessing you did not get them by this). There is an oiling hole for sure. I will try again to send the photos to you.

C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.