Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2016 Calico Mogfest Oct 7-9

5K views 44 replies 9 participants last post by  Joe O'Bremski 
#1 ·
Similar to the past few years we will be at the KOA near the Calico Ghost town right off the I-15.

Since the last few years were hard to get the word out we decided to get the MOGFEST.COM website online again for registration. Details can be found on the site as well.

http://www.mogfest.com
Don't be frightened when www.mogfest.com is redirected to a weird URL. I had to setup a dynamic DNS service and use port 81 because COX Cable Residential blocks port 80 and will not set you up a static IP unless you go to their commercial service.

#2 ·
Calico Mogfest is less then a month away! Don't forget to register @ www.mogfest.com to make sure you get your tshirts reserved.

#4 ·
Moggers,
Calico MogFest is getting close. This is a premier Mog event-- as well as Pinzies, Halfies, Jeeps, and other 4x4 rigs. A really fun time of mogging and evening r an r. Looking forward to seeing old friends!!! --The weather will be very nice an mild.
Oct-7-9 but there will be early birds-- including me.???
TLane
1987-Krankenwagen 366A

#5 ·
Calico is getting close moggers. I checked the weather for that week and it looks like 75-78 degrees daytime with 50 or lower at night. Very nice really. Get Yur rigs ready an be there at Yermo KOA prepared for serious trail rides in Yur mogs, Pinxies, Jeeps etc.---:)) my U1300 has sat so long that the XM-47 tires are glued to the shop floor!!!! Getting it ready.

Attachments

#7 ·
We are one week away! Time for those last minute tweaks and squirts of those grease guns!

Register @ Welcome to MOGFEST.COM! (Back online yesterday after our move!)

#8 ·
I'm not working today so am spending the whole day primping my Krankenwagen. Made a list of all the 2do's-- (I'm old now!) need list.
There is nothing better than 5 or so days in the Mojave desert with Mog buddies an other off roaders. I hope we have a good Mog turnout.
Since the Mog list is down I'm concerned the word didn't get out enough!!

#10 ·
What?!?! If you start today you'll make it on time! :)

I think the best we can hope for it Terry throwing a hand full of dirt on a tire for a photo. HA!

#14 ·
Haha, you should trailer Rod's down here... 2 for 1!

If I wasn't there I would say Terry Photoshopped that dirty tire shot :)

#13 · (Edited)
Hey Terry I like seeing pictures of your Mog. But you have to keep saying " Krankenwagen"?

I'm going to have to get me one just so I can say" blah blah blah My Krankenwagen... Krankenwagen.This. Krankenwagen That.. ha ha ha ha!
I'll be cranking my Krankenwagen.... Etc. etc. Krankenwagen...

You guys have a good one... Maybe next year... :-(
No Krankenwagen Teeem

#17 · (Edited)
Fun and love is where we find it.... And what we make of it... Besides facts are relative... How much dirt until the tire is dirty? :)

Wish I could go this year, I haven't even gotten my new XM 47's to touch dirt yet much less be actually dirty.
I am very glad to hear that you guys are going to make it out there and have a good time.

When I was in LA, I met a fellow Mogger, Joe, who lives in the area. He has a beautiful completely cherried out, custom 404. I have given Alan his phone number to invite him to Calico.
I'll follow up and give Joe a call. We had a Mog meeting and lunch. Very cool guy... And fantastic work on his 404. I hope that he can make it. Here's a few picts.
Safe travels and happy trails to everybody. Aloha Teeem

Edit... Well I got a hold of Joe, it sounds like he might make it, but bring his wife's G wagon instead of the 404... I told him to bring some pictures of his 404 to share, if that was the case. Safe travels and happy trails! Aloha Teeem

Attachments

#22 ·
Calico MogFest earlibird-- must be a prize for that!! Froze my butt off last night-- had to turn heater on twice to thaw out!! My MOg got 11 mpg. cruising at 60-63 mph coming over here freeway an through the mountains. I pulled most of the highway 58 grade at 52-58 mph. One stretch had to drop down to 7th gear. Not bad for a 14,000 pound rig!! Enjoying the quiet of the Mojave desert. Going out this morning to shoot my Colt .45 auto Combat Commander for fun times.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.