Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New toy,..... I mean tool

4K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  tlane 
#1 ·
Picked this up off of GL auctions and was wondering if anyone has one? this one is brand new and complete, only the instructions are in German and would like some in English if someone has it.:|

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I was wondering who ended up with that. Took a while to find originally because the army manual has it incorrectly listed as 0005896421 in the instructions (which is a torque wrench in real life I guess). TM5-2420-224-35 p7-5 has a procedure for setting/testing the proportioning valve with the balancer... Not the ATE version of the instructions, but atleast it addresses use on Mogs.

Adrian

#12 ·
This one was made in 1989 and was last calibrated in 2009 by the US army, yet never used. I was shocked when I looked up the price of one! If you buy from ATE its over $2k if you order from Mercedes its over $3500!!!! Quite the markup by ma Benz!

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
But I need it to figure out the brakes on my new Unimog. I have a new proportion valve I installed and need to get it set up right.The last photo shows the two ports where the tester hooks up into the brake lines.

Attachments

Reactions: y404mog
#21 ·
Hey Von, I got one of those with my 416 when I bought it. I believe I also have a manual, though Im not sure if its in English or German, haven't looked yet. I also have the U.S. Army maintenance and repair procedure manuals for the 419 SEE. I'll check to see if there are any instructions for using it to adjust/calibrate brake system. When I get to my shop tomorrow I'll check and let you know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.