Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Southeast Mogfest 2015, June 4-7, Windrock

5K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  dadu7058 
#1 ·
The dates have been confirmed for SEMF '15. Southeast Mogfest will be held at Windrock OHV, also known as Coal Creek OHV, from June 4th to June 7th, 2015.

Location is near Oliver Springs, TN. Further info on the campground at Windrock is here:

Windrock Park-OHV trail riding, camping, events

Check out Garret's webpage for info on this and previous SEMF's: southeastmogfest.org

Everyone is responsible to call the campground and make their own reservations.

Several of the attendees from the previous years have been discussing plans for improvements to the event. We are open for suggestions, too. Trail riding and socializing during the days, and a trip to a restaurant in the evening has worked well for us!

If you know the park and want to lead a trail ride please jump in and volunteer.

Bob

See less See more
#8 ·
My tappets are not due here until June 22nd. :(

Unless something happens that I am not expecting, I will have an engineless UNIMOG in my barn June 4-7.

I would skip the new tappets, but that is a bad idea....

C.

#11 · (Edited)
Online Map

Finally found a decent online map of the park. It also includes the "neighboring" OHV areas run by the state of Tennessee. For those that haven't been here before, it can take hours of travel via trails and gravel roads to get to these adjacent parks. I wouldn't mind exploring the NW area of the park as I haven't been up in that area. Anybody have any trails they want to try?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zjMPpnjAz-r4.kwNl8UjlCW5A&msa=0

And for the GPS enabled, you can download a map at http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/446/ (if you need a Mac installer for the maps, let me know).

#12 ·
Hi Pat,

I don't know much about the area of the park either. Maybe Garret does? He has been going to Windrock for years for radio related stuff.

I chatted with Darrin, the photographer, a few weeks ago. He may come out again and is a huge fan of Windrock.

Bob

#18 ·
I am J-E-A.

C.

#19 ·
That's an impressive machine! You will be turning some heads in route :)

I have my pre-flight maintenance just about done. I will be camping and trail riding in the 1300 and probably staying in the Primitive "P" area. I have an RV site but will ask to down grade tomorrow unless someone hollers that they need the RV site.

Bob

#21 ·
Sorry, we use it around the little kids in our family. Been doing it since I was small. It means, JEALOUS. Kids figure it out if you spell the whole thing.

C.

#23 ·
I agree. For want of 12 tappets, a good time was lost.

C.

#25 · (Edited)
Hi Garret,

We are hams and we can't communicate, ha ha. WE WERE ON THE TRAIL :=)

Everyone, we did get together with Garret. Because all the mogs were on the trail there wasn't a trace of us in the campground.

Those of us at SEMF this year had a great time. We did trail rides and had a wonderful social gathering and mog clinic. The local BBQ place has changed hands, again, and the food was even better. We went there 2 nights. Deb fed us Saturday night in their cabin and we really enjoyed it.

Deb, please apologize to the kids for me for the time it took to get the fire going. The campground's wood was green and wet. Wood fires should not go out twice then need a quart of Diesel to get it going. Did the marshmallows taste funny? :)

Pictures to follow. Steve and family, Pat, and Doug are undoubtedly still on the road toward home.

Bob

#29 ·
Not often that you see 10K in tires driving through the woods....

Looks like fun, guys. Sorry to have missed it. Next year, dammit.

C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.