Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Dream Machines

164K views 231 replies 34 participants last post by  tkv000 
#1 ·
I know this is ridiculous but since I found the various series of big heavy haul trucks that Kenworth builds I've been a bit obsessed.

953 below and C500 link :bowdown:

Kenworth Trucks - The World's Best

I wonder how streetable they are? I found a C500 for sale last night and I think it was something like 9.5 feet wide and 11 feet tall. But I don't think they are all that big. There are quite a few rear drive road versions out there so all wheel drive can't be that much different.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
More :)

Attachments

#3 ·
Ahh yes, the C500... obscene to everyone but mog fans. The twin steer systems are interesting.

#8 ·
Id drive it all day long, Those tires would actualy work realy good in snow/mud too

Well that's what I was thinking ;) But is it allowed on US highways w/o special permits?

Even though Unimogs are big, if you want to pull a good sized trailer, like 45 feet with a couple of vehicles and a couple of motorcyles,and living quarters they really won't do it. At least not with a 352 or 366. Maybe with an 8.3L Cummins. No of course these trucks are almost as over kill as they could be but on the other hand, you only live once.

I imagine fuel economy would be horrendous. If a ManKat get's around 4 to 5 And modern aerodynamic Semis get up to 8 don't they. I would say these have to be in the 2-3 mpg range?

And yeah you would need a big shed. This bad boy has a 30 foot platform alone. 2012 Kenworth C550 360″ Bed Truck w/Sisu | Alberta Oilfield Equipment Supply

#17 ·
If I won the lotto - I would trade my Mog in for one of these :)
you might want to rethink that. Now if you won two lotto's back to back then yeah.... one to buy the rig with and the other loto to pay for fuel. Hopefully that last loto will last you at least a few months of fuel

#29 ·
myunimog, this is for you, swung by the Richie Bro's today, was going to try to get a shot of the mog and a C500, but none on the lot,then, I spotted this in the lot across the street.

Do I win?

Attachments

#34 ·
You have nice toys up there. ;)

I called a local guy from Kenworth yesterday to see if I could find out anything about those cab over 6x6s. He had never heard of any of the big all wheel drive trucks but is checking around as to who might know.

#35 ·
I wonder what those 2 pop up doors on the bed are for? Seem to have rollers on top.

I have wondered how they unload big loads once they get them on the bed. If they have something to anchor the load to to start it moving back that would work, but if they are alone with nothing to hook to then what?

#37 ·
I've seen several videos of them loading various things and what they do is back up to it and hook 2 winch cables and pick it up to bed height then with the use of the rear roller pull it onto the bed. It cantilevers up on the roller then lowers down onto the bed just after the center is reached. Pretty controlled and they can do it by themselves. Unloading is another matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.