Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

governor settings om352a schmit snow cutter

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  tkv000 
#1 ·
would anyone know if the om352a when installed on a schmit snowcutter( or other stationary equipment) would have had the governor set to some rpm greater than 2800? seems like i have some vague recolection about this. a search didnt turn up anything. cheers, kris

#2 ·
My engine came from a Schmit blower and was set at 2800. Interestingly, it was a truck governor as opposed to a tractor governor. I believe the RMM site has info about decoding the governor info, including factory RPM settings.
Bob

#3 ·
bob, my engine is also from a snow blower. and has a truck gov too. i think my tach reads high due to a custom alternator pully that has a smaller than stock diameter. im to much of a wimp to put the hammer down and see where the gov kicks in. it will rev beyond 2800rpm (indicated)... cheers, kris

#7 · (Edited)
#8 ·
Mogish,

Isn't your truck an OM366A? If it is, then the max rpm is lower because of the engine being a longer stroke and thus not being able to handle the higher revs like an OM352. It is also set lower than say a U1650, ect because Mercedes didn't want the short wheelbase mogs to reach as high of top speed, for saftey reasons. I'm not sure of the Max safe no-load rpm for a 366, but it is less than the 352's for sure.

Cheers,
Ben

#9 ·
OM366A it is.

I was wondering about the "governator" as food for thought only. My top speed is 89kph and it's fast enough for me, not really but fast enough for my short-ass wheelbase. Anyway, my XZL are rated at 55mph so I'll have to live with it. Life in the slow lane is the only drawback of unimog ownership.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.