Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Company for spare parts near Frankfurt?

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Fluidistor 
#1 ·
Anyone on the list that know any company that deals with Unimog spares close to Frankfurt Germany?
I know of Gasafi but it's not very close.

I am going there for work next week so why not buy new front springs to my U1000.

To my knowleage there is two kind of springs. Standard and heavy duty?
Anyone that can confirm this?

I have a crane behind the cab that weights 850kg so maybe the heavy duty i the way to go?

/Jörgen

#2 · (Edited)
Going from 1986 TDB if yours is 424.121 model (I think there is a later U1000) the standard spring shows as 424 321 02 04 and in brackets also show 000 321 00 06 up to VIN# 081 535. From that VIN the part# for standard is 424 321 04 04. The SA for supplementary front spring is 36303. (I am presuming that is reinforced) Part#is: 424 121 0604 up to VIN#128 035. For later VIN they show part # 424 321 0704. I bought some reinforced springs from Atkinson Vos in England...that is only a pitch across the channel from you no? They seem decent so far and should be cheaper than MB. If you have the newer U1000 you need somone with a newer TDB or an EPC. (parts catalogue) For geographical location of dealers I would try either the listings at rockymountainmoggers or go on unimogcommunity.de if you sprache a little Deutsch.

#8 ·
Anyone on the list that know any company that deals with Unimog spares close to Frankfurt Germany?

How about the Mercedes of Frankfurt's Truck Division? I doubt you're going to find the springs as quickly and as economically as you will find them from Mercedes.

Now, are you planning on shipping these heavy suckers back north, or?

Have a nice trip!

-Sean P.

#9 ·
Maybe that is the simplest solution. MB directly... I'll look into that.
Yep they sure are heavy. But I have the option to stuff them into a 20ft cargo container that will be transported back home with tools and instruments. Or just pay some more overweight on the flight.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.