Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

SHINY SIDE NOT UP

6K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  hammogger 
#1 ·
OK, more mishaps.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
more? is there another thread of misshaps?

These are amazing head, crushing neck snapping pics. GREAT reminders to everyone... Mogs are great tractors... If you plan to use them off road install ROLL OVER PROTECTION. ROPS, Roll Bars, or Cages.. which ever you fancy just install them.

#12 ·
Wow, two pictures are really scary. The white mog camper actions photo with the sand/dirt shows a person being ejected out of the front...

and the picture above it with the people trying right an overturned mog in water.

Can you believe that someone would place themselve in that kind of danger with mog lifted at an angle? What is so important that you need to be there at that point in time?

#13 ·
Can you believe that someone would place themselve in that kind of danger with mog lifted at an angle? What is so important that you need to be there at that point in time?
The bottom picture just looks like a wheeling accident - see 'em all the time and one of the hazards of 'recreational 4X4' - often brought on by inexperience or bravado. The possible underwater part makes it a little more scary, although it seems shallow enough.

What motivates a guy in a camper conversion to go fast enough to get in a spot like picture 1 is a little hard to understand - unless that's really a rally-raid truck - doubt you would see a raid driver being ejected, if that's whats happening inside all the dust...

#15 ·
I actually had not noticed the human form coming out through the windscreen...If I had, I probably wouldn't have posted it. I can't offer any more info on the shot, it is just something I saved at some time.
It is unusual in that it is mid-event.

#16 · (Edited)
Other then driving to fast, what migth be some of the bigest reasons for these crashes, looks like some of the military photos are slow rolls but I don't see large hill for them to roll off of... Like the one above in the water with people using them selves as packup jack stands. the truck looks far enough from the edges and not exactly in difficult terrain to case a roll ..

#17 ·
Regarding the shot of the camper mog:
at one point a few years ago, I had a diesel Mitsubishi Fuso cab over dump truck. Clearly no relation to a mog, though wheelbase, drive train placement, and cab placement are very similar. At one point, I hit a decent mound in the road hard enough to send my head into the roof, causing a dent outwards. The mound was only 6--8" over road grade, and I was probably only doing 20-30 mph. I know the comparison is fuzzy, just making the point that it doesn't take much to launch you out of a truck if you're not strapped in.

#18 ·
Bump- in looking for the Stuck Unimogs thread, (unsuccessfully so far), I came across this
Companion piece.
Regarding the unfortunate wreck with what certainly appears to be a person in the windshield opening, it isn't a rally truck. It is a camper. I tracked that much down, but
Never found out anything more about the event.
Now, back to looking for the "Stuck Unimogs "thread. I'm all for somebody else bumping it
If they find it. Thanks in advance.

#19 ·
I think this qualifies.

Looks clean underneath, well maintained ;)

Bad google translate:

This was an employee of the municipal building yard in Annaberg-Buchholz. On a plot of these was busy mowing when on a slope eased the earth and the Unimog upset. Fortunately 2 trees were in the way and kept the Unimog on. Because down there was still many meters, the Sehmafließt including along. A rescue company from Ehrenfriedersdorf is now in use, since the Unimog has to be rescued. The road was completely closed Waldschlösschen. The driver was fortunately unhurt. On Unimog property damage.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.