MAN- A long Mog so to speak

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  ehi@attglobal.net 
#1 ·
EHI's former Mann- Now its a Motorhome residing somewhere in CA

I wouldlove to have a MAN like that. What do they typically run

#2 ·
DokaTD said:
I wouldlove to have a MAN like that. What do they typically run
Yeah that Man made me dream a little too. I asked EHI thru PM about MPG's. His responce was a whopping 4mpg sooo when your thinking cost... you better keep that MPG in mind and add it to your total cost

#9 ·
There are three to four MAN Kat's in the USA as far as I can tell, except for a dozen or so in US Military hands. I brought one in for a reclusive owner in Georgia who plans to haul his other toys with it. They are absolutely amazing trucks. THe 8x8 is a bear to drive as the wheel base is so long, but the 6x6 is quite nimble. Unimogs are it when it comes to the 1.5-5 ton range, but when you need 5T - 10T MAN Kat's are it. Try German trucks on Youtube, there is some awesome footage of a man traversing a pond, literally a meter and a half deep pond. Awesome stuff.

#15 ·
Yup, I have seen them in Germany while I was in the military there doing my service. We were out on driver training course with MB Wolf's (G-wagon) and 435 mogs. It was a blast. The MAN's were going through ponds deep enough that you couldn't see the front grille anymore. But we were also using mogs there and the bottom of the windshield was submerged in the water.
At some point one of the drivers was getting stuck in the middle of the pond with his mog. He had to climb out though the roof and swim out to shore. He had to haul a steel cable with him and attach it to the mog. By the time he climbed back in the mog there were about 16 inches of water inside it. That shows how much water was slowly seeping in it. The mog got pulled out and was been used the rest of the day, it was undamaged.
This was an area were they were also training tank drivers. I remember one pond were you couldnt see anything other than the exhaust bubbling under water. All of a sudden a tank appears, what a great moment.

Martin

#10 ·
Nice footage. What type of AC system is that on the roof ? I have seen Webasto systems on Unimogs but that looks different.

$27K for a MAN Stateside is very reasonable considering transport from Antwerp to the east coast could run you $7K. Right now most MAN Kat's in 6x6 configuration are running 18-20K (EURO) in German etc. I think getting one here under 35K would be a stretch.

Nice to see that it is on the road at least.

Cheers,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.