MB truck model variations - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > Unimog
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2006, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1961 33' Harkers Island (Chadwick) Cabin Cruiser w/twin OM 352s
MB truck model variations

My MB service manual includes an "installation survey" that says my engines (OM352.912) were standard comfiguration installed on series 1113 trucks (many model prefixes; L,LK,LS,LKo,LA,LAK,LAS,LAKo)

It also says they were non-standard on series 911(SA) trucks. Anyone know what the "SA" stands for? Special Application? the 911 is a 9 metric ton truck with 110HP engines? and my engines are 130HP so it seems the model would automaticly become 913?? Do the insallation surveys include things like industrial engines mounted on the back to run snow-blowers and such? I could imagine a 911 with my engine on the back for pumping, drilling or other work...?

There is a piston & ring manufacurer that says the OM352.912 was also used on 1413 and 1513 series although not included in the MB survey.. can anyone confirm this?

also curious what all the prefixes stand for? I think "L" is just "light" truck and "LK" might stand for "light class".. There is also a "B" suffix on some of the surveys..
twin352s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2006, 07:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2004
Vehicle: '76 406.145 Doka tug
I only know that torque converter instalation is listed as "SA 19 831" in the installation survey and it's referenced as "special 19 831" on some translated shop manual pages.
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > Unimog