CA, Inland Empire (Rancho, Ontario, etc.) - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2014, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
CA, Inland Empire (Rancho, Ontario, etc.)

Hi folks -

I am looking for a shop recommendation for the SoCal Inland Empire area. The closer to Rancho Cucamonga the better. Via Google I've found two shops that are ideally located and am hoping someone has had positive experiences with one or both, or perhaps can recommend an alternative.

MBZ Automotive
11996 Jack Benny Dr #109, Rancho Cucamonga, CA ‎
(909) 484-3200
MBZ Automotive

BTC auto Service
8822 8th St, Rancho Cucamonga, CA ‎
(909) 946-3000
Website Disabled

Any thoughts are appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 09:50 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2010
Vehicle: 1999 slk230, 2000 ml320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been taking my cars to MBZ Automotive and very pleased with their work.
ML320 & SLK230
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
That's great to hear! I ended up dropping by MBZ and talking to the owner for a while last year and found it a very positive experience. He seems to know his stuff and appreciate the make. To date, the car has been flawless and there has been no reason for her to take it in, but it's nice to know the work is as strong as the conversation.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 02:28 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2015
I drove by MBZ Automotive Sept 2015 and it's no longer there. ?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 10:39 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1084 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
That's great to hear! I ended up dropping by MBZ and talking to the owner for a while last year and found it a very positive experience. He seems to know his stuff and appreciate the make. To date, the car has been flawless and there has been no reason for her to take it in, but it's nice to know the work is as strong as the conversation.
No offense, re the last 2 posters here.
Please click 'User CP' on the top toolbar, and complete your profile with location and car mod.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 09:43 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2015
Yes, I also had a good experience with the owner, but after each time they worked on my car it was not easy to get a hold of him to discuss the end result with him. My car was left limping and in result broke down on the road. So I found Cisco's on 9851 8th Street, Suite B
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730. Cisco is the owner and is easy to work and talk to.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Not exactly a "Benz shop," but I wanted to call out Bob's Muffler on 9th at Lion in Rancho. The '95 E320 failed smog catastrophically this past weekend, and was put in the questionable position of finding a place to replace a cat on the Friday after Thanksgiving. NOx were off the chart, and the cat was the only reasonable culprit. After calling a bunch of closed places I got hold of Bob, who was closing but said he'd stay open so we could look at the car. When I got there, I drove it right onto the lift, he put a temp gun on the cat and yep, it was dead. 250 degrees in, 100 degrees out. No bueno.

I left the car with him overnight, and he called the next morning at 10a to let me know it was ready. Total bill was $325, which I felt was more than fair. California-legal cats for for $200+ on ebay, and $100 for his labor plus tax seemed as close to ideal as possible. I drove the car right over to the smog shop and it flew right through.

Bob was totally accommodating, a pleasure to visit with, and offered completely fair prices. I like the man and I like the service. If he wasn't 500 miles away from my other cars, I'd take them all to him.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 10:58 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2013
Vehicle: 2003 W211 Mercedes E55
Send a message via AIM to ValleyGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
So I found Cisco's on 9851 8th Street, Suite B
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730. Cisco is the owner and is easy to work and talk to.
I can back this up. Cisco does great work at a fair price, and he's been servicing my W210 E55 since I moved to SoCal in mid-2013. Honest, reliable, fair price... and he does warranty his work. That said, he's awful with communication, and within the last year, he's been unable to perform the relatively quick repairs that I'd come to expect. His shop has grown a bit too big for him - too much work, and not enough time. The last two times I had to service there (my W210 E55 and my mother's W211 E350), the work took up to 2-3 days longer than originally estimated... which can be a problem if you don't have a spare car.

Since I got my W211 E55, I've been servicing with Upland Mercedes Repair, at 923-H N Central Ave
Upland, CA 91786. It's run by Assad, and is a smaller shop with a more personal touch. Excellent communication, and very fast service - at extremely reasonable labor rates (i think it's $90 an hour?)...

You can't go wrong with either shop, but allow more time for Cisco to do the work. Since I live in Claremont, taking the car 10 minutes down the road to Upland has been easier and Assad is very competent...

Daily Drivers: 2003 Mercedes E55 AMG, Brilliant Silver, Autoadapt Menox control, hard-wired Valentine 1 | Ki Tsunami Titanium w/ Spinergy SPOX, Jay J2 Seatback, Jay J3 cushion
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 07:05 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2011
Vehicle: 2010 E-350W Luxury Sedan
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up Update: MBZ Service/Maintenance in Inland Empire

I recommend S & S Inland Star, 26967 5th Street (In San Bernardino, 210 fwy off of the 5th Street Exit), Highland, CA 92346, Sam and Scott are the owners. They both used to work for MBZ dealerships. Went into business together to form this Shop for Mercedes and BMW. S And S Inland Star Mercedes | Mercedes-Benz Repair San Bernardino CA | BMW Repair Highland CA | Audi Repair 92410 | Volkswagen Repair 92346 | Mini Cooper Repair San Bernardino CA

When I owned a 1996 E320, that I purchased in 2008, they kept it running gr8 up until I traded it in in October of 2016. Now I have a 2010 E350. I actually made the decision to buy another Mercedes because of them. All their prices have been reasonable and service impeccable!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.