CA, Los Angeles / Canoga Park - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: now 2003 CL600. And wishing I kept all the ones I sold.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Smile CA, Los Angeles / Canoga Park

MBZ Motors on the corner of Winnecta and Roscoe. They only do MB. Been around for 20+ years. Owner's name is George (Armenian). I've been there once to check out a SL500 pre-buy and then again to ask about my CL6. For the pre-buy they drove it around the block and looked under the hood. No charge, said it was ok. But to keep looking. After I bought the CL6 I came to them to look it over and he spent about 15 minutes checking it out. No charge again. Then I asked him for new wiper blades and he charged me $60. I was fine with that since he had spent a lot of his time looking over the car. Besides the blades are HUGE. ;-)

MBZ Motors
8300 Winnecta Ave
Canoga Park CA 91306
818-709-5400

He seems to know what he's doing. He had a black sedan on the lift that said S55 and I noticed it had one tailpipe going into a faux quad. I asked him what kind of a car this was and he said "An Armenian AMG S55. You take an S430 and swap all emblems and pipes to make it look like an S55 AMG".

I didn't stop laughing till I got home. I was married to an Armenian once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 07:00 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2007
A Papadelta
He is cool, my brother and I take our Benz"s there as well, he is always busy but very reasonable Theirs is the only Benz place open on Saturdays. He has all kinds of old Benz there he knows every work shop , A/C,tires, smog, etc, all these guys know him very well.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 10:18 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 250SE RHD, 1969 300SE L, 1989 560SEC with AMG upgrades, 1998 s600 coupe
Send a message via MSN to ChopTop250SE
Geroge is the best, period.....As a friend, as a human beeing, as a mechanic....as anything

I have been taking all my cars to him for years...His kindness, his knowledge and generosity surprises me till today.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:04 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: 1997 E420 180.000 miles
George and his guys are the best.Very busy shop so making appointment helps a lot.George takes care of all our cars and just like another person said ,he is a very generous and kind men.I value him as my mechanic and a real friend.Thank you George and all you guys at MBZ Motors.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 02:01 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
MBZ is awesome. Even AAA people recommend them. I've been going there for 3.5 yrs and have always been VERY happy with the work they perform. The only tiny thing I would complain about is that they're super busy and sometimes I have to literally grab one of the guys to get some attention....but don't let this discourage you from going there. Like everyone said, George is great and absolutely knows his stuff but his staff is also really good. I've had a lot of work done at MBZ and the only time (long story) I took my car to Mercedes Benz of Calabasas....they completely ripped me off and the service was horrible....actually had to take the car back (they never apologized) because they didn't do something right. Bottom line: Go to MBZ...you wont regret it!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 10:23 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 2001 E320
United Auto works‎7759 Canoga Avenue, Canoga Park, CA 91304-4914(818) 716-6969‎
Just Google United Auto in Canoga Park CA and click on the link and see what people say about Berj
I have owned many European cars and have never seen more honest and more reasonable mechanic then him. If you go there once you never go anywhere again. Just thank me later for saving you money and grief.

Sincerely,

Vadim D
Intuit NOC Engineer
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 11:32 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2010
Just took my car to Jeff at DIY Bio Fuels in the Valley...WOAH, my car is like a whole new beast, it's night and day. Totally reasonable price and it feels like I've got a new car, shocked at the difference in how it runs, much more power and speed. Just wanted to recommend him to anyone with an old car that's running on either diesel or VO:

Jeff
( 818 ) 288 2224
jeff@labiocars.com
Home Page
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 02:59 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2011
Vehicle: 1989 300E (3.0) & 2006 ML500 (AMG 20s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadelta View Post
MBZ Motors on the corner of Winnecta and Roscoe. They only do MB. Been around for 20+ years. Owner's name is George (Armenian). I've been there once to check out a SL500 pre-buy and then again to ask about my CL6. For the pre-buy they drove it around the block and looked under the hood. No charge, said it was ok. But to keep looking. After I bought the CL6 I came to them to look it over and he spent about 15 minutes checking it out. No charge again. Then I asked him for new wiper blades and he charged me $60. I was fine with that since he had spent a lot of his time looking over the car. Besides the blades are HUGE. ;-)

MBZ Motors
8300 Winnecta Ave
Canoga Park CA 91306
818-709-5400

He seems to know what he's doing. He had a black sedan on the lift that said S55 and I noticed it had one tailpipe going into a faux quad. I asked him what kind of a car this was and he said "An Armenian AMG S55. You take an S430 and swap all emblems and pipes to make it look like an S55 AMG".

My parents & I have been going there since 1991. It's always such a pleasure to take our cars there. We've never had any reason to question anything George or anyone else there tells us about the cars.

I highly recommend MBZ Motors
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 03:07 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadelta View Post

MBZ Motors
8300 Winnecta Ave
Canoga Park CA 91306
818-709-5400

A number of people I know highly recommend the place. I know George, good guy.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 07:38 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 1970 280 sel, 1979 300sd, 1988 300sel
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Called MBZ over the phone and asked for a quote on replacing rear window seal. After 5 minutes on hold they told me they would charge me 445.00 dollars. They also said that they would not do it and that they use an outside independent glass shop. I said thanks and never called them back. I had my original mercedes seal replaced for 80.00 dollars at a window/glass company in the valley. I guess MBZ saw an opportunity...Im sure they charge differently when there are mechanical issues...Maybe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in