LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 11:30 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaliscomex View Post
Called MBZ over the phone and asked for a quote on replacing rear window seal. After 5 minutes on hold they told me they would charge me 445.00 dollars. They also said that they would not do it and that they use an outside independent glass shop. I said thanks and never called them back. I had my original mercedes seal replaced for 80.00 dollars at a window/glass company in the valley. I guess MBZ saw an opportunity...Im sure they charge differently when there are mechanical issues...Maybe
100% mark up on parts and sub-contracts is more than common. I would respect him for telling you he would sub it out. That's his way of telling you to shop around. It's kinda like going to get body work done at a mechanics - he would send it to a body shop also.

Your post about him ads to his credibility in my opinion.

Former MB: "Miss Juliana" - 1972 280SEL 4.5
Current MB: 2013 C250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 05:30 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 1970 280 sel, 1979 300sd, 1988 300sel
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I have personally talked to MBZ Motors mechanics and I'm not impressed.

They are good at changing wipers, oil, antennas.
THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TUNE THE OLDER CARS (W108's).

They love to play with the air/fuel mixture screw and somehow DO NOT UNDERSTAND that you CANNOT adjust the injector thumb screw while the car is ON.
Loubud likes this.

Last edited by xaliscomex; 09-14-2014 at 05:31 PM. Reason: grammar
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 12:10 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2014
Vehicle: 2011 E350 Bluetec, 1992 300SD, 1995 E300D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I must agree with Haliscomex. My wife's 1992 300SD (W-140) developed a few bugs. Intermittent power loss, low battery light when the car sat for 2 or more days, and intermittent lumbar support pump/lines.
The alternator, battery and injector pump were replaced and the lumbar support...well, that was just disconnected. We took the car back the following week for the low battery light and low power. Pretty much the same stuff we brought her in in the first place.
2 alternators and a few weeks pass and the car is ready. We pick her up and leave my 1995 E300D (W-124) for a blower motor for the heat/air and a problem with the alarm going off now and then. 1 new battery, a plain wrap alarm, 1 tank of diesel (it takes an easy 500 miles of driving to do that) 1 exceptionally noisy generic blower and we pick it up and drop of the 140 to be "fixed" yet again plus a new problem. Windshield wipers on the headlights no longer work and they windscreen wipers are out of sync with the washers.
Weeks go by. I call and it will be ready in a couple of days. Wifey checks out the car and she needs to explain how wipers work. She isn't a mechanic, just knows how her Mercedes works. OK, supposed to work. We leave it there voiding our plan to return the 124 to fix the generic alarm. It still went off at random hours and the entire control head and wires were under the removable floor mat. Really? YES.
There is far more that happened to these two cars while under MBZ's care. My only advice is if you have an older diesel is to take it anywhere else. I won't find out if my 2011 E350 Blutec is a diesel they can fix as I believe that MBZ's reputation relies on being better than the other repair shops in the area. Side by side to a good shop in say Texas and it may not seem so hot.
BTW, take your S there and there and watch them slam the door. It won't matter how nicely you ask that they don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in