CA, Los Angeles / Westside - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 04:57 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: 2012 ML 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been taking my car to German Motor Car Service in Santa Monica. Only for Service A&B so far. And have been happy with everything. No major repairs, so can't really comment about that. Service A&B are generally 25% cheaper than taking it to the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 02:08 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 1996 C280 Sport
Body Work ??

nitinopp:::

I'm not sure what you have wrong with the body work on your car. I do know however, That I re-built a pre - 90's truck with my friends welding experience that had been smashed in the front and the back and also had a rear window knocked out. Which is now my Daily driver.

I tried to go to a local shop but they wanted to charge me more than the car was even worth !!

If your interested though P.M. me. I also know a shop that sells me aftermarket parts such as fenders bumpers etc. For really cheap. Which is where I got all my stuff from. We're always willing to help as long as your bring some beer and a good story. lol

Let me know.

Before ::

After ::

Wax on, Wax off !!!!!!

Last edited by bl665; 09-07-2011 at 02:10 AM.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 09:54 AM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quite a few shops use body panels / parts from junked cars at wrecking yards.
Realistically, the parts might still be better than China etc. after market.
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 10:43 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2011
So no input on body shops?

My 2 month old C300 got hit by the guys trimming trees around my office building. Left a 6 in. somewhat deep scratch on the bumper.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 11:00 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2007
I got sandwiched! Rear ended by a Jeep Cherokee and the woman thrust me forward into a dodge caravan so i had damage on both ends of my car. It was pretty bad. Insurance covered it and i went to Beverly Hills Mercedes Benz recommended repair shop called Beverly Coach Kraft. I mainly chose it because it had the word "coach" in it and sounded good haha. anyways they didn't know me and i had never heard of them. Their work was impeccable! I inspected my car for about 15 minutes just looking for a reason to stop liking my car because it was in an accident but I couldn't come up with anything. They only work on mercedes but I would literally pay extra for them to do body work on another brand of vehicle.

Beverly Coach Kraft
On Sawtelle near Pico, right across the street from Best Buy.
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 11:07 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2011
Good to hear methodz. That is who I was planning to use. Got the estimate last week and I'm taking it in next week. We had tree trimmers working around my office building and they managed to him my month old C300 with the chipper they were towining behind their truck.

Thanks for the input.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 03:15 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 99 ML 320
santa monica autoworks on pico and 13th is by far the best techs and fairest guys...very honest and all star certified and just good guys!!!!! trust worthy!!!!
benz's and a whole lot more......mike & brian rock!
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 08:50 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2012
Vehicle: 92 300E, Two 91 500SLs
Good Body shop in the South Bay area? (Torrance, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Lomita, Palos Verdes, San Pedro, etc...)

Have a r129 500SL with some bad damage to the left rear fender/bumper. I have all the parts, but the rear fender is a huge part that is basically the whole back of the car.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: 2012 ML 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangsturrr View Post
Good Body shop in the South Bay area? (Torrance, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Lomita, Palos Verdes, San Pedro, etc...)

Have a r129 500SL with some bad damage to the left rear fender/bumper. I have all the parts, but the rear fender is a huge part that is basically the whole back of the car.
@Tangsturrr, did you find a good place in the South Bay? I've started working around the Torrance area and have been looking for a place to take my Mercedes. Needs some basic A&B service and also a bit of body work.
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 03:36 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2012
Hey seanthome,
Dr. Auto Tech in hermosa Beach is an amazing benz shop to go to.
The head mechanic/ owner knows old and new mercedes like the back of his hand haha.
Hes a really nice and honest guy and wont scam you. He even told me which shops were scams and to stay away from. I first got my regular service done and ive never gone anywhere else since then. The shop is super clean aswell and he really takes care of my car making sure to clean everything even a complimentary car wash. Its right on PCH too so it is convenient because I live in Torrance too. I definitely recommend this shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in