Date registered: Dec 2010
Vehicle: '05 G500
Location: Los Angeles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Summary of Westside Mechanic responses . . .
Excited to say that I just bought a 2005 G500 and have enjoyed it very much - absolutely a trooper through this rainy spell we're having here in Santa Monica.
I wanted to have a few little quirks fixed -- as well as find a good mechanic for when the bigger things go wrong down the road.
I found a lot of back and forth on this thread -- with some mechanics getting both praise and criticism.
If anyone has any other recommendations, please do add to the conversation.
Currently, the summary of reviews, from most positive to most negative, is as follows:
- So far, only George @ G&N Motors/Westwood has more than one positive review with no criticism, with one I'm counting as 0.5 said "I hear good things" and one said "absolutely the best." 1.5 overall.
- Herman at German Motor Car Service of Santa Monica got two recommends, but one strong criticism saying that he is the "most expensive." 1.0 overall.
- Tony of Europa Motors in Santa Monica got one strong recommendation. 1.0 overall.
- Malibu Motors on 14th & Colorado got one recommendation - though kind of half-hearted. Judgment call, but I'm going to say 0.75 overall.
- Culver City Motors got one "I hear good things" (0.5) and one "I have concerns about their competence" (-1). I'm counting that as -0.5.
I know that using just one or two reviews is not a fair way to judge these guys, but I'm hoping to revitalize the conversation and get some more input on them in the weeks ahead.