CA, Napa - Mercedes-Benz Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 2001 c240
Location: Napa, sac, sf Ca
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deesz
(Thread Starter)
CA, Napa

just had the greatest experience I could have. I had been having AC problems and couldnt find anyone in the area that really knew what they were doing. Well after calling around for about half a day I finally found someone who know mercedes like the back of his hands. He used to be a mercedes master mechanic till he moved to napa and opened his own mobile businuss " Valley Mobile Air and Repair" he is willing to come to your house and also is willing to allow you to bring it to his house. he is about half price of most shops that specialize in mercedes including the dealer. He also can get you parts if you do it yourself at a discounted price. I am now in the process of having my AC fixed through him. and am ordering spark plug wires through him. He was the only mechanic in town that had all of the computer equipment for mercedes. He is also honost I asked him about something I was hearing and he said that it was normal and when I asked him if I bought the new part of ot would help.instead of trying to make money He told me it was a waist of time and money to replace the part.

Wrote this a while back but i have still been going to him awesome guy.

His name is Dave Tiesso
and his number is 707 287 3098
two thumbs up strongly recommend.....
deesz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 01:08 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
fouche's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 1993 300 CE Cabriolet (W124)
Location: Sonoma County California
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Deesz -- are you still positive about Mr. Tiesso? Does he do general mechanical work in addition to A/C? Thanks. Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesz View Post
just had the greatest experience I could have. I had been having AC problems and couldnt find anyone in the area that really knew what they were doing. Well after calling around for about half a day I finally found someone who know mercedes like the back of his hands. He used to be a mercedes master mechanic till he moved to napa and opened his own mobile businuss " Valley Mobile Air and Repair" he is willing to come to your house and also is willing to allow you to bring it to his house. he is about half price of most shops that specialize in mercedes including the dealer. He also can get you parts if you do it yourself at a discounted price. I am now in the process of having my AC fixed through him. and am ordering spark plug wires through him. He was the only mechanic in town that had all of the computer equipment for mercedes. He is also honost I asked him about something I was hearing and he said that it was normal and when I asked him if I bought the new part of ot would help.instead of trying to make money He told me it was a waist of time and money to replace the part.

Wrote this a while back but i have still been going to him awesome guy.

His name is Dave Tiesso
and his number is 707 287 3098
two thumbs up strongly recommend.....
fouche is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 03:51 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
CaptainCK's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 2003 Mercedes S 55
Location: Napa, California
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to CaptainCK
I agree, I've used Dave before and he's great. Very honest guy. My new used car required a dealer to program the keyless go, went to Walnut creek mercedes. They just see $$ when you walk in.
CaptainCK is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 2001 c240
Location: Napa, sac, sf Ca
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deesz
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouche View Post
Deesz -- are you still positive about Mr. Tiesso? Does he do general mechanical work in addition to A/C? Thanks. Jim.

the answer to this is yes just for everyone else to know.
deesz is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 2001 c240
Location: Napa, sac, sf Ca
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deesz
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCK View Post
I agree, I've used Dave before and he's great. Very honest guy. My new used car required a dealer to program the keyless go, went to Walnut creek mercedes. They just see $$ when you walk in.
ive dealt with both walnut creak and also sacramento mbnz both i didnt like
advice to everyone is to do your research on here of whats getting repaired.
once i had a transmission leak and i did my research and found out how long it takes and how many quarts of tranny fluid is needed and the rest of the parts that should be replaced at the same time.
they ended up knocking 150bucks off just cause i asked and talked to them about everything.
deesz is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 09:30 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
CaptainCK's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 2003 Mercedes S 55
Location: Napa, California
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to CaptainCK
Dave does not repair cars anymore. He was the best hands down, my car confuses many mechanics not Dave. Does anyone know a shop or person in Napa that is better than the dealer?
CaptainCK is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 07:16 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
 
Date registered: Feb 2013
Vehicle: 1989 420 SEL
Location: Napa, CA
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Best MB repair facility in North Bay region of CA

Look no further than Selbach European in Napa. Family owned for years. Thoroughly knowledgeable about MB and BMW. Extremely fair prices and stellar service. Dirk Selbach and June Kelly are the principals. I have had my 1989 420SEL worked on by MB services in New England for over 15 years and discovered Selbach when I relocated to Napa. I thought the boys in Weston, Mass were good but they can't hold a candle to Selbach.
napamercedes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - West

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    NAPA Gold Filters EUROCAR_MB W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class 3 03-20-2009 06:06 PM
    So I go to Napa, right? Gregs300CD W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class 13 05-05-2006 05:24 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome