Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
CA, Palo Alto

Park Avenue Motors
3290 Park Blvd
Palo Alto, California 94306
Sales: 877-647-5785
Service: 877-647-5785

Friday 4/24/09 around two o’clock in the afternoon we took our R350 to Park Avenue Motors in Palo Alto. The shop is located on Park Boulevard in a secluded location next to railroad tracks. It took us a little bit of searching to find the shop. As we approached, we saw a tidy white and blue building with a large Mercedes star on the side. The small parking lot and the surrounding section of the street were peppered with late model Mercedes Benz. We pulled into the little, impeccably clean service bay.

As we walked into the reception area we were greeted by Yvonne, a very friendly office administrator. We told her our story and she immediately called Steve Kirksey, the Director of Operations. Steve’s office was right behind the reception desk, so, as he emerged from the hallway, he said: “having trouble with your R-class?” Steve listened to our complaints and quickly input all of our information into the shop's computer system. He was extremely friendly and professional and put us at complete ease. Then he called the shop foreman Lance, who showed up almost immediately.

A serious but very pleasant young man, Lance (who bares some resemblance to young Chris Elliott) was wearing dark-blue overalls with a white embroidered name tag. An orange-handled pick, a tiny flashlight, and a pen were sticking out of his breast pocket. He listened intently to our description of transmission antics we experienced the night before. As soon as Lance started talking we knew we were dealing with a pro: "Your transmission went into limp mode, most likely due to a faulty sensor inside the transmission. Cycling the key re-set the controller. You need a new valve body. I can run diagnostics on it right now". All this happened within fifteen minutes of us arriving at the shop on Friday afternoon, without an appointment! There was only one problem: we had to leave on Sunday to get home in time for school. Valve body replacement is a half-day job and it requires complex parts to complete. We were unsure if it was at all possible, especially because it was quarter to three on a Friday afternoon.

Another ten minutes later Lance burst through the doors with an announcement: “You are in luck! We have a valve body; we will be finished by around five o’clock.” My husband and I were elated! I was so happy I had to hug Lance! After all of that, as the icing on the cake, Steve lent us a brand-new black c-class so that we could visit our daughter at Stanford.

Even though it was our first time at Park Avenue Motors, we were treated like family, as if we had been good customers there for years. This was by far the most pleasant and rewarding experience we have ever had at any auto repair shop, anywhere, ever!

We live in the Los Angeles area, but we frequent Palo Alto because we have friends there and our daughter will be going to Stanford. We will have all work done on our R350 at Park Avenue Motors whenever we can. If you live anywhere near Palo Alto (within and hour drive) we implore you to seek out Park Avenue Motors and take your Mercedes to them. As far as we are concerned, they are THE BEST Mercedes shop in California, and perhaps in the country. If you’d like to contact them, here is the info:

Park Avenue Motors
3290 Park Blvd
Palo Alto, California 94306
Sales: 877-647-5785
Service: 877-647-5785
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 02:41 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Feb 2011
Vehicle: 1973 220D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'll agree - I've had good experiences at Park Avenue Motors. They are factory authorized so they will use MB parts if available and they can honor your warrantee if (heaven forbid) you need that kind of service.

My car is 40 years old and sometimes difficult to find service folks familiar with it but they have done a good job for me.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 06:32 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Mar 2014
Vehicle: 70 MB 220 - 72 MB 280SEL 4.5 - 73 MB 450SLC - 76 MB 300D - 66 Citron DS21 - 76 Citron 2CV6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Agree... they are great, esp w older MBs.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: