OR, Portland - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 08:42 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would never ever trust any vehicle to MBI. I did first start using them 20 years ago. Without Sid they are not the same. I would only use them if I really did not care about my vehicles, the people that use them, or money!
Details can be provided upon request, but I must warn you it is scandalous.

I miss you Sid. You were always kind, and always generous with sage advice that has kept me still to this day in my first Benz.
Sponsored Links
post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 07:01 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Mar 2014
Vehicle: 1980 450sl
Any opinions on Motor Group LLC for their sales

Looking at a 1984 380SL at Motor Group on Ebay. Any experiences to share?
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 10:38 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1979 240D
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I will say that if you own a newer MB MBI might be right for you... I don't I have an older diesel they are rude/nice... they try to dismiss anything you say while trying to remain as polite as possible. They sure change their attitude when you drop 1k cash on the table.... first time I went there just for an oil change and they were smug... week later I came back and told them I wanted a few things changed... they quoted me I said us let's do it... they came back with a minor list of repairs that they quoted me on... my problem is I was sized up. I choose businesses that do a good job as well as how they make you feel. Price not a big concern if it was I wouldn't be driving a mercedes. MBI might do good work but they will never have my business again .
post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Oct 2013
Vehicle: 07 E350, 80 240D 4 speed, 90 300SE, 87 260E, 87 190E 2.3-16 5 speed.
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Since MBI dominates this thread, I thought I would "pipe in" with a few comments.

I first used MBI (MB Motors then) in the early 80's. I had few problems with the car (it was a newer 240D), but they always fixed the problems fine.

When I decided to give Mercedes "another chance" three years ago (and now having bought 8 Benz in that time, 6 of which I still own), I again used MBI. I believe this was shortly after the ownership change.

I have also had discussions with an east side shop.

I would not hesitate to use either of the two if I had no other choice, but all things considered, my first choice is MBI for repairs.

I get most of my parts from other import parts houses or order over the internet and hand carry the parts in to MBI for them to install. This helps keep my costs down and reduces repair $urprises. I enjoy sourcing the parts.

There is a west side shop that I won't use cause they were not especially helpful when I sought information on a car that I had just bought. I found a business card for the shop between the car seats and figured the previous owner had the car serviced there. When I went to their office to inquire, about all they offered was that they had serviced the car for years and in response to what work had been done on the car got- "just about anything that needed fixing she (the car owner) had fixed". Great. That's helpful (not).

I will bet you ten bucks that if you buy a used Benz that MBI has been servicing, they will not only answer any questions you have about it, if you smile when you ask, they will print out their service history on the car. Try getting that anywhere else in town.

Last edited by LostInTime; 07-08-2014 at 08:37 PM. Reason: fix typos
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 08:37 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2011
Lakeside Mercedes Repair takes care of my 5 examples and does very well by me.
post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 03:04 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Nov 2013
Vehicle: 2006 c 230
I want to chime in on another alternative for people. A few years ago my blinker on my 06 c230 wasn't working. One time it didn't work and it was down pouring. I had to get that thing fixed.

I called around to get quotes and I found that Omega was the cheapest one around. I drove there and it was a small place. There's a lot of old MB out on the field. The guy did a good job and got everything fixed. I also brought my mom car there to get a few things fixed up and saved a good amount of money.

The only negative about the place that if your car has to stay overnight, they don't have loaner cars like the dealership or MBI offers.

I think Omega is an option for anybody whose shopping around. It might be worth doing if you don't need your car right away.
post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 08:58 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2006
Send a message via AIM to nrkmann Send a message via Yahoo to nrkmann
I think it is very apparent. The place is been spiffyed up and so floors painted etc. it looks much nicer than I used to.
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 09:26 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2006
Send a message via AIM to nrkmann Send a message via Yahoo to nrkmann
The service consultant at Rasmussen flat lied to me. My Mercedes takes 8 L of oil and the dealership only put in 8 quarts. That shows 1/2 l low On the dipstick. When I asked about it I was told that it needed to be half a quart low so it wouldn't overflow when hot.

I used to do all my own work but at 71 sometimes it is a little difficult to make body been in all directions it needs bend to do work.
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 01:27 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Apr 2011
Vehicle: 1983 BMW E21 320is, 1984 BMW E28 533i, 2003 VW Passat 4 Motion Variant
It's off topic, so let me apologize in advance as this is the only regional part of the forum I could find.

In an attempt to get more local people together, some friends and I have started a local Facebook group. Please join if you're interested in such a thing.'

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: