post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 06:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 91 560SEC AMG w/300HP Custom Built Motor; 90 560SEL Stock
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to mclare Send a message via Skype™ to mclare
Originally Posted by KraigG View Post
Since Lynn is no longer at Ted's, things have gotten noticeably different over there. Not sure where Lynn is now, but I sure would love to find him again! He did some great work on my BMW and Porsche.

Has anyone in the AV ever tried the new place off of the 14 at Avenue I? Looks to be a pretty big operation called Antelope Valley Mercedes Benz.
You REALLY don't want to go to Antelope Valley Mercedes. Do a search on them and my name and you weill read just a portion of what I have been through with them.

New developments: My car is back at Alfred's this weekend because AV Mercedes did not tighten my calipers when they did my front end and one of the bolts came off again. Also, I had them to a R&R on the Diff which I did a DIY on last year and they didn't tighten the rear cover and it was now loose.

I am also having them put in a new oil level sensor too.

Current Stable:
91-560 SEC AMG - Coupe - 199/261 - 300 HP Custom Built Motor - Highly Modified Coupe. FOR SALE - PM ME
90-560 SEL - Sedan - 199/261 - Stock. FOR SALE. - PM ME

Sponsored Links
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 03:25 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: anywhere from '52 300 to 1990 560SEL,and a '93300TE nothing newer, too much trouble....
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Originally Posted by 98 roadster View Post
The Shop at ave I and the 14 is:
Antelope Valley Mercedes
45715 23rd St W
Lancaster, CA 93536
(661) 726-4220

They just moved to that location from about a half a mile up the street. Don and Vicky run it. They are both good mechanics. I have a 98 SL500 and have been using them for a couple of years. Plus they took care of farming out the body work and everything after I had a wreck last year. If you are local, stop by and meet them. Wont take you long to figure out they are competent and pleasant to deal with. They keep my car running good and take time to entertain all my stupid questions, etc...
You must either be Don or Vikkie or a close relation.
BY FAR NOT THE SAME EXPERIENCE I MADE or even other's comments from around town.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 08:45 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2012
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all: I am new to the forum and new to MB ownership but must recommend a place that I was "steered to" by my parts store (where I purchase all my American car stuff). This place is: Jack's Mercedes Service 12515 Pearblossom Hwy (138) just east of Littlerock. 661 944 9474 The place is not much to look at from the outside but Jack is an older MB trained, German mechanic who certainly impressed me. He shoots straight from the hip (I REALLY LIKE smoke and mirrors). He has a supply of older parts and smarts to get the job done well and reasonably. He has another fellow who handles all the electrical stuff...Manfred, who is also SUPER. They handled some work on my '91 300 CE-24 and I am very happy. I feel like I was treated fairly and honestly by both of these guys and am recommending them to the forum. I had the ignition lock assembly replaced and the SRS sensor replaced which involved some trouble shooting as well. Again, the place isn't much to look at from the outside but he's always busy but always friendly and straight forward. The results speak for themselves as far as I'm concerned...
ratbu likes this.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 06:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Nov 2003
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
just goto mclares house

1985 500SEL Euro Nautic Blue - A Classic Beauty

2012 E63 AMG Iridium Silver - Performance Package

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: