post #31 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Premium Member

Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: 1989 560SEC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Premium Member
Lynns,

Thanks for the recommendation. I will use them as a backup. Startech is near my house but it's the Costa Mesa shops that are closer to my office.

Mike

1989 560SEC (US spec) 040 Black/Black, 17" Aero I's, H&R springs, Bilstein HD shocks, Euro Headlights,Tri Y's, First Gear Start Module, AMG (clone) Heads Solid Lifter Conversion and AMG Gen II US Body Kit
2014 ML350 (Wife's Car)
1990 190E 2.6 (The newly appointed DD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 03:43 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2010
Vehicle: 2000 W210
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
newbie to the board here,hope i don't get flamed too bad for this. I did search before posting anything but it was to no avail...

I'm located in Anaheim and i am the proud owner of a '00 E320 that is just about to turn 82k on the odometer, but i have i slight (major) problem...I was recently (yesterday) hit in my Benz. Got caught at a red light in a 4 car pile up with me being the last one hit, thankfully no one was hurt but i cant say the same for the car. My car was hit dead center from behind and this caused a decent sized dent on one rear quarter panel,and this has me really worried about my insurance carrier writing it off as a total.... hopefully the car will be determined worhty of being fixed.

Any suggestions on a collision shop that is Mercedes certified? House of Imports? Fletcher jones? Any shop to use instead of going somwhere else? I have been trying to research a good certified shop somewhere in OC or southern LA county all night but it difficult by just looking at a shops website.. i'm sorry if this is the wrong section for this to be posted in. i'm stressed,it's late and i've been up waaaay to long researching this.
Thanks for ANY help that can be offered!
post #33 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 05:06 AM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNCdirtbag View Post
newbie to the board here,hope i don't get flamed too bad for this. I did search before posting anything but it was to no avail...

I'm located in Anaheim and i am the proud owner of a '00 E320 that is just about to turn 82k on the odometer, but i have i slight (major) problem...I was recently (yesterday) hit in my Benz. Got caught at a red light in a 4 car pile up with me being the last one hit, thankfully no one was hurt but i cant say the same for the car. My car was hit dead center from behind and this caused a decent sized dent on one rear quarter panel,and this has me really worried about my insurance carrier writing it off as a total.... hopefully the car will be determined worhty of being fixed.

Any suggestions on a collision shop that is Mercedes certified? House of Imports? Fletcher jones? Any shop to use instead of going somwhere else? I have been trying to research a good certified shop somewhere in OC or southern LA county all night but it difficult by just looking at a shops website.. i'm sorry if this is the wrong section for this to be posted in. i'm stressed,it's late and i've been up waaaay to long researching this.
Thanks for ANY help that can be offered!
Welcome to the forum.
There is a thread on the W126 on how a member handled his insurance in a similar situation. Try a site, forum search. The correct forum for your car is the W210.
The W126 has a good announcement / tutorial Welcome sticky on top that works on all forae.
Cheers
post #34 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 05:30 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2010
Vehicle: 2000 W210
Thanks for the info,i'll search for that W126 thread...The main reason i posted in this thread was because i didn't feel that my problem was based solely on my car being a W210..
post #35 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 10:28 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 94 S320 4speed
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
orange shops

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper6 View Post
Lynns,

Thanks for the recommendation. I will use them as a backup. Startech is near my house but it's the Costa Mesa shops that are closer to my office.

Mike
Are these places open on Saturday?
post #36 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 04:23 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: CLK 500
I went in to Maurices's after reading all the positive comments on this board, but was a bit disappointed after going in. First, had to sit on the couch while he was on a personal phone call for about 10 mins. Once he took a look at my car he quoted a price much, much higher than the dealership. And tried to get me to replace other things on the vehicle which I know did not need replacing.

I cannot comment on the quality of work, but needless to say I took my business elsewhere.
post #37 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Moving On

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: Y2K SL500 Silver
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasclk View Post
I cannot comment on the quality of work, but needless to say I took my business elsewhere.
Don't forget about

Steve Rorick (Owner)
MB Elite‎ (very clean two lift garage)
488 Old Newport Blvd.
Newport Beach, CA 92663
949-722-7667
post #38 of 135 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 12:23 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2010
Vehicle: '82 MBZ 300SD (Proj), '87 MBZ 300SDL (Mint), '91 MBZ 420SEL (Mint), '02 Golf TDI, '07 Ram 3500 6.7L
Any good paint/body shops in the Huntington Beach area?
post #39 of 135 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 01:04 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: '93 SL500 (sold), '88 GMC Sierra 360,000 miles, '86 Yamaha FJ1200 (criminally fast)
Send a message via Yahoo to mountie55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komandant View Post
Any good paint/body shops in the Huntington Beach area?

Call Carl at All Imports ( 714-540-5757). Enterprise St. off of Baker St. The shop may fool you, but their mechanical work is relaible & their prices are wonderful, and they have a little autobody shop that has been a success, when I refer friends.

Not a fancy place, so thier quotes are fair.

Tell 'em Peter H. sent ya.
post #40 of 135 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 01:26 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2010
Vehicle: '82 MBZ 300SD (Proj), '87 MBZ 300SDL (Mint), '91 MBZ 420SEL (Mint), '02 Golf TDI, '07 Ram 3500 6.7L
Angry Ya... Right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountie55 View Post
Call Carl at All Imports ( 714-540-5757). Enterprise St. off of Baker St. The shop may fool you, but their mechanical work is relaible & their prices are wonderful, and they have a little autobody shop that has been a success, when I refer friends.

Not a fancy place, so thier quotes are fair.

Tell 'em Peter H. sent ya.
I called him up, he gave me an astronomical quote of $1500-2000 dollars...
I'm just going to paint the car myself... It's really not that difficult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in