Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
CA, Los Angeles / Tarzana

Mr MB Motors
5557A Reseda Blvd.
Tarzana, CA 91356
818-708-8086

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 12:46 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yeah they charge 180 bucks for an oil change.. more than stealership
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 01:01 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lychyrychy View Post
How about a bit more info?
post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 02:05 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
How about a bit more info?
The owner Enrique wis a nice guy... he seems enthusiastic and personable. His shop has 2 other guys working on cars... he pretty much takes care of all the paperwork. I thought my bill would be somewhere around 100 bucks since it wasn't the stealership and bam!!! He hit me with 178 dollars for an oil change... what's included in the labor you ask? it says "Service B" 80 bucks for labor.... I was completely caught off guard.

The reason I went to him was because many praised that he's great and his price is very reasonable...I just don't know about 180 bucks for an oil change though
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 03:08 PM
CH4S Artist

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
The owner Enrique wis a nice guy... he seems enthusiastic and personable. His shop has 2 other guys working on cars... he pretty much takes care of all the paperwork. I thought my bill would be somewhere around 100 bucks since it wasn't the stealership and bam!!! He hit me with 178 dollars for an oil change... what's included in the labor you ask? it says "Service B" 80 bucks for labor.... I was completely caught off guard.

The reason I went to him was because many praised that he's great and his price is very reasonable...I just don't know about 180 bucks for an oil change though

Did you not question the charge?
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 03:59 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
Did you not question the charge?

I don't know why I didn't, but I personally expect a good honest mechanic to not rip off people. If they charge a premium just because of the car you drive, they're just like stealership.
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 04:05 PM
CH4S Artist

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
I don't know why I didn't, but I personally expect a good honest mechanic to not rip off people. If they charge a premium just because of the car you drive, they're just like stealership.
Only an oil / filter change is listed on your invoice?
Please complete your profile with the car mod and location, by clicking 'User CP' on the top tool bar, to make it easier for members to offer advice.
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
I come 600+ miles just to see him, every time. He is that good.

I don't know what the problem is. I just left there ten minutes ago, VERY happy.

My bill was $527, too but for that, I got a FULL 30,000 miles except the air filters which I had just put in myself.

I have been to his shop TWICE just this month, once each for my coupes' 30,000 mile service.

He is an expert on Mercedes Benz automobiles and has been working on them since 1961. I totally trust him and have the agreement of many people who wrote high priaise on Mercedesshop and otherwhere..

I believe him to be probablty the best Independent Mercedes Benz mechanic not ONLY in the valley, but in ALL of Los Angeles. Period.

Many times when the jobs are extensive, difficult or MANY things to be done he actually throws in a few jobs for free!!!

The quality of his work is IMPECCABLE, also. He can do the really hard jobs right the first time !!!!!

I had a conversation with him one time and he told me this about his business model: "I only believe in fixing things that need to be fixed, and to charge the customer more than necessary would, in my mind, be cheating the customer!!"

He put me at the first of the line every time I came, because it was from so far away.

I feel he is second to none. I am not alone in this opinion, see for yourself:

MR MB Motors Tarzana, CA - PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum

To the complainant here, what do the RO read? Did you even talk to him about this?

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<

Last edited by cascade; 05-20-2009 at 04:57 PM. Reason: typo
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:

Quote:

I think you got MORE than a simple oil change here. A simple oil change is just that.

I suspect that your owner's manual would detail what a Service B includes.
(Have you read it?)

I would suspect it includes a very thorough safety and frame inspection, including ALL fluids and topping them off as necessary. And probably other things.

That's a LOT more than just getting the car on the rack, draining the oil, and putting in a new oil filter.

True, you may say, but a lot of that Service "B" is actually just LOOKING at things;

But you are getting VERY experienced eyes to look at EVERYTHING needing to be looked at here. I would feel lucky if problems such as fles discs, transmission mounts and a host of OTHER problems did NOT show up.

MR MB would have surely revealed those to you if they had cropped up.
Red, likes this.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<

Last edited by cascade; 05-20-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: typo
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
+1

I would say one of the ten most respected Benz indies in the country.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in