CA, Los Angeles / Tarzana - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 06:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
used enrique many times, never had issues, always fair....not sure what the issue above it

1985 500SEL Euro Nautic Blue - A Classic Beauty

2012 E63 AMG Iridium Silver - Performance Package

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 07:48 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 2009 MBZ S-550, 2003 BMW 330i
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
What kind of service, and which part of L.A.?
I'm in West L. A., but it does not matter to me so much about the location. I'm looking for a competent shop with fair prices. Right now, all I need is general maintainance, like the A, B, C, and D service. Thanks.
post #53 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 10:47 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2010
I sent you a private message. Best of luck and please share your experience. Women tend to get abused often in the automotive world and I think the biggest reason is that they don't complain about their experiences.

Former MB: "Miss Juliana" - 1972 280SEL 4.5
Current MB: 2013 C250
post #54 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 09:11 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 2009 MBZ S-550, 2003 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBguy View Post
I sent you a private message. Best of luck and please share your experience. Women tend to get abused often in the automotive world and I think the biggest reason is that they don't complain about their experiences.
Thanks for your reply, HBguy.
post #55 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 11:21 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Aug 2012
Vehicle: 1984 280SE Euro, 1988 300SE, 2000 SL500, 2002 CLK55 AMG
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Just stopped by Mr. MB Motors today, spoke with Enrique a little bit. He told me he's retiring next week, but will leave the shop in capable hands and things will still be done at a high standard.

I hope things will continue to be run professionally there, Enrique will surely be missed.
post #56 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 11:30 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 190e Sportline (white); 190e Sportline LE (black)
Enrique is already sorely missed. I just took my aunt's c230 sport in there a couple days ago. The new guy is Vick and he used to work with Enrique at the Beverly Hills Mercedes dealership in the 80's. The two other guys who are his employees are the same guys who worked for Enrique prior to his retirement.

So I took the car in because it was shaking after braking after a long drive. He diagnosed it as an ignition coil. Cost of coil $71, cost of labor he charged me for two hours which I thought it could have been diagnosed and replaced for one hour's labor.

Then without my knowing it, my aunt asked him to replace the spark plugs on the car. There are 8 spark plugs on a c230 sport. They cost about $7 each at Kragen for the appropriate ones. So that's $56. He charged us $130 to install them all.

In short, the new guy Vick over-charges on labor. He seems competent and has been in the Mercedes game for 29 years. But I don't feel like paying $130 for installing spark plugs again, nor extra labor to do things like ignition coils.

I might be over-stating the problem a bit, but I'm trying to keep it factual. I found Enrique five years ago and he's been my regular mech for my family's Benzes. It was worth the 30min+ drive to go over to his place because he would often give me free advice on what to do with my 190e's and my 300d turbo. And I gladly gave him the work when it was time to make a repair.

But from now on I'm going to check out the reviews of the other closer mechs to me and try them out for small jobs here and there until I settle on a new guy. I would still recommend taking your car to Mr MB Motors if you're in the area, but beware that labor costs might be high and make sure to get them to agree to an approximate labor cost prior to having them start the work. That goes without saying, but I feel I got taken albeit slightly in my last visit, so it bears repeating I guess
post #57 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 11:39 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 2003 E320
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I feared the day when Enrique would retire.

Now it has happened.

Enrique was the best mechanic I ever had.

I wish him a great time in his retirement.
post #58 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 11:49 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Aug 2012
Vehicle: 1984 280SE Euro, 1988 300SE, 2000 SL500, 2002 CLK55 AMG
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Wow Sevag, that sucks! I thought this kind of thing might happened very disappointing.

Good thing I had Enrique take care of a few issues on my 600 before he left! The problem I face is that I live literally a few miles from the shop, and the proximity from my house was the reason I started to get my cars serviced there. I may need to rethink who my mechanic will be...
post #59 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 12:36 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2013
Vehicle: 2003 Mercedes-Benz ML 320 W163
All is not lost... This is a perfect opportunity to take your MB to StarWest Motors. Not only the best skilled mechanics but the absolutely most honest and knowledgeable repair shop owner (Aram) I have ever met. Great prices, honest service and great customer service, you go once, you will never let another mechanic touch your car (whatever make). When you go, ask for Aram (air-ram) and tell him Daniel with the silver ML sent you. He will take care of you and then you can thank me later.
Consider yourself rescued!

Star West Motors
5569 Reseda Blvd.
Tarzana‎ Ca‎ 91356

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Dmart007 W163
post #60 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 12:42 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 2003 E320
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevag View Post

So I took the car in because it was shaking after braking after a long drive. He diagnosed it as an ignition coil. Cost of coil $71, cost of labor he charged me for two hours which I thought it could have been diagnosed and replaced for one hour's labor.

Then without my knowing it, my aunt asked him to replace the spark plugs on the car. There are 8 spark plugs on a c230 sport. They cost about $7 each at Kragen for the appropriate ones. So that's $56. He charged us $130 to install them all.

In short, the new guy Vick over-charges on labor. He seems competent and has been in the Mercedes game for 29 years. But I don't feel like paying $130 for installing spark plugs again, nor extra labor to do things like ignition coils.
So Vick bought the shop from Enrique, or is he now the chief of operations, and the shop is still Enrique's?

Did you mean he charged 130$ in labor, or 130$ including the spark plugs? That ignition coil, how much work is that? How did you know it could be done in one hour, not two?

I'm asking these questions for information, not because I doubt you.

I know one shop on Lincoln in Venice that's good. When I bought my current car, Enrique was closed for vacation, and I went there for the pre-purchase test, and had a good impression. I found it through Benzworld, just as I found Enrique.

It's a pity. I got so used to going to Enrique. Usually, going to the mechanic is like going to the dentist, but Enrique made it a good experience.

Last edited by BenzEagle; 05-11-2014 at 12:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in