CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Dealer B service:

B SERVICE (~ $379.95 + tax) :

- Inspect windshield wiper inserts and service windshield washer system (Replacement of wiper inserts additional*).
- Inspect and rotate tires, record tread depth, and correct tire pressure. (Wheel balance additional*).
-excludes AMG, Sports Models, SLK, and vehicles
with staggered wheels
- Engine oil change and oil filter replacement
-Includes Mobil 1 synthetic oil
- Lubrication service
- Includes hood hinges, lock cylinders, striker
plates, sun roof tracks and top off all fluids
- Cooling system inspection
- Includes antifreeze protection level, hoses and
clamps
- Brake inspection
- Includes check of pad thickness and condition of
discs, fluids and lines
- Inspect heating and ventilation dust filter, replace if needed. (Replacement additional*. Dust filter prices vary by model)
- Function check
- Includes warning lamps, headlights, exterior
lights, seat belts, windshield wiper and washer
- Inspect and lubricate throttle linkage
- Check and clean air filter
- Reset flexible service system counter
- Inspect front axle ball joints; check steering play and power steering clutch; and rear differential levels
- Inspect Poly V-Belt for condition
- Inspect starting and charging system and service battery
- Inspect climate control refrigerant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
Dealer B service:

- Inspect windshield wiper inserts and service windshield washer system (Replacement of wiper inserts additional*).
- Inspect and rotate tires, record tread depth, and correct tire pressure. (Wheel balance additional*).
with staggered wheels
- Lubrication service
clamps
- Brake inspection
discs, fluids and lines
- Inspect heating and ventilation dust filter, replace if needed. (Replacement additional*. Dust filter prices vary by model)
- Function check
- Inspect front axle ball joints; check steering play and power steering clutch; and rear differential levels

^^^^ $178 for all of that is VERY reasonable if Enrique and his crew did all that.

They are VERY thorough.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:10 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't post to to bash the service that MR MB performs. I agree that he is honest and straight up guys. His service was great... his mechanic started work on my car the minute I got there. I've read many reviews about his shop and that is THE reason I decided to go there instead of my mechanics that I've been going to for 5 years. Your service is a 30k miles, my service was AN OIL CHANGE. I would be happy to pay $500 bucks for a 30k service no problem.

Bottom line is that it doesn't make sense to me to charge 80 dollars for labor of changing oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade View Post
I don't know what the problem is. I just left there ten minutes ago, VERY happy.

My bill was $527, too but for that, I got a FULL 30,000 miles except the air filters which I had just put in myself.

I have been to his shop TWICE just this month, once each for my coupes' 30,000 mile service.

He is an expert on Mercedes Benz automobiles and has been working on them since 1961. I totally trust him and have the agreement of many people who wrote high priaise on Mercedesshop and otherwhere..

I believe him to be probablty the best Independent Mercedes Benz mechanic not ONLY in the valley, but in ALL of Los Angeles. Period.

Many times when the jobs are extensive, difficult or MANY things to be done he actually throws in a few jobs for free!!!

The quality of his work is IMPECCABLE, also. He can do the really hard jobs right the first time !!!!!

I had a conversation with him one time and he told me this about his business model: "I only believe in fixing things that need to be fixed, and to charge the customer more than necessary would, in my mind, be cheating the customer!!"

He put me at the first of the line every time I came, because it was from so far away.

I feel he is second to none. I am not alone in this opinion, see for yourself:

MR MB Motors Tarzana, CA - PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum

To the complainant here, what do the RO read? Did you even talk to him about this?
post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:15 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

I agree that he knows exactly whats going on and that is why I came to him.... however is it necessary EVERYTIME to check everything as if it was a B Service at 5k miles? Can you change oil and does a complete service B in 1 hr? Because that is how long it took MR MB.
post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:16 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

B service is indeed $380. However I did not come for one and he didn't tell me he performed a B service for my car. My car is at 17k miles by the way. I'm pretty sure B service takes longer than 1hr because that's how long MR MB took to charge me "B service" labor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
Dealer B service:

with staggered wheels
- Lubrication service
clamps
- Brake inspection
discs, fluids and lines
- Function check

Last edited by lychyrychy; 05-21-2009 at 01:20 AM.
post #16 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 01:17 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

I agree if indeed they did a B service for that much....however Enrique didn't tell me that he performed such a service. I specifically came for an oil change. I didn't ask for a B service with my oil change. It's the responsibility of the mechanic to ask the customer if they wanted such service. In this case I didn't get asked and got charged. If he told me that he was gonna do a B service with an oil change that only takes 1 hr and charge 178 bucks, I would have nothing to complain about.

Quote:
^^^^ $178 for all of that is VERY reasonable if Enrique and his crew did all that.

They are VERY thorough.

Last edited by lychyrychy; 05-21-2009 at 01:19 AM.
post #17 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 06:07 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lychyrychy View Post
I agree if indeed they did a B service for that much....however Enrique didn't tell me that he performed such a service. I specifically came for an oil change. I didn't ask for a B service with my oil change. It's the responsibility of the mechanic to ask the customer if they wanted such service. In this case I didn't get asked and got charged. If he told me that he was gonna do a B service with an oil change that only takes 1 hr and charge 178 bucks, I would have nothing to complain about.
It sounds like it's all a misunderstanding.

Only $178 for a Service B? That is a nice price. My brother-in-law (BIL) has a 2000 CLK 320 (I think) and he's been going to Enrique's shop for a while now. He is satisfied with their work and price.

I recently purchased a CLS 550 and I've been looking around for a good mechanic. From what BIL was saying, the mechanics are friendly and they do a great job. Before Enrique, he was going through the dealership and it cost him an arm and a leg for fixes (no exaggeration, I saw his receipts).

My only concern is whether my warranty is still ok if I don't go to the dealership for basic maintenance (fluids and filters). I hear that as long as I keep my records it will be ok and also it's ok if the shop is an authorized MB repair shop.

2007 CLS 550
post #18 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 08:17 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 2003 E320
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
I don't know what the problem is. I just left there ten minutes ago, VERY happy.

My bill was $527, too but for that, I got a FULL 30,000 miles except the air filters which I had just put in myself.

I have been to his shop TWICE just this month, once each for my coupes' 30,000 mile service.

He is an expert on Mercedes Benz automobiles and has been working on them since 1961. I totally trust him and have the agreement of many people who wrote high priaise on Mercedesshop and otherwhere..

I believe him to be probablty the best Independent Mercedes Benz mechanic not ONLY in the valley, but in ALL of Los Angeles. Period.

Many times when the jobs are extensive, difficult or MANY things to be done he actually throws in a few jobs for free!!!

The quality of his work is IMPECCABLE, also. He can do the really hard jobs right the first time !!!!!

I had a conversation with him one time and he told me this about his business model: "I only believe in fixing things that need to be fixed, and to charge the customer more than necessary would, in my mind, be cheating the customer!!"

He put me at the first of the line every time I came, because it was from so far away.

I feel he is second to none. I am not alone in this opinion, see for yourself:

MR MB Motors Tarzana, CA - PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum

To the complainant here, what do the RO read? Did you even talk to him about this?
Thanks for your review.

I'm looking for a new repair shop.

And I want this shop to do a pre-purchase inspection so that I can be sure that the car I buy is sound.

I have another mechanic on hand, 25 years experience working as a mechanic in a dealership, and now on his own. What bothers me a little is that he has no own shop, sometimes works here, sometimes works there. I just heard he has the gift to really find out what's going on with a car.
post #19 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2003
Vehicle: 1981 300SD
Sorry to hear about the bad experience with MR MB Motors. Personally, I've been going there for 5 years and won't willingly go anywhere else unless I have to for my 81 300SD. Enrique has repeatedly undercharged me for various items ("I also did this, this and this - but I didn't charge you for those"), charged me his price for major parts, and recommended that I not do certain things when they were unnecessary, even though he'd make money on the deal. On one occasion, I was having some electrical gremlins (caused by a kludged up wiring harness mod long before I bought the car) that he took several hours to get to the bottom of (I was waiting in his shop and at the Coffee Bean a block away, and watched him), and he charged me for about an hour of labor ("I should have found it more quickly"). I've never known a more skilled or more honest mechanic; I'll probably sell the car when he retires. Btw, I live in Utah - I drive around 700 miles so Enrique can work on my car. I was one of several members of mercedesshop dot com who contributed to having a plaque put together to show our appreciation, and showed up one Saturday morning to surprise him by giving it to him in person, it's still on the wall.

To the poster looking for a pre-purchase inspection, I had Enrique do one for me on a W123 (it was my first encounter with him). It was well worth the money.

Again, I'm sorry that someone had a bad experience with MR MB - get an estimate up front to avoid confusion, as that seems to have been the issue. Beyond that, I just find it hard to believe that anyone wouldn't be extremely happy with their work.
post #20 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 11:27 AM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzEagle View Post
Thanks for your review.

I'm looking for a new repair shop.

And I want this shop to do a pre-purchase inspection so that I can be sure that the car I buy is sound.

I have another mechanic on hand, 25 years experience working as a mechanic in a dealership, and now on his own. What bothers me a little is that he has no own shop, sometimes works here, sometimes works there. I just heard he has the gift to really find out what's going on with a car.
How long have you known that mechanic?
I had a Mike (skinny guy with gray hair and pony tail, has wife & daughter in Switzerland), that I had known for a few years working on the SEC. He wound up stealing one of my cars.
When I later went to the Van Nuys police, it turned out he had a number of outstanding warrants. They showed me a long record, and called him a professional car thief.
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in