FL, Jacksonville - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 05:27 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jun 2012
Vehicle: 2006 CLS500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We bought a used Mercedes from a non-MB dealership. The salesman used to work for MB so when we asked where to take the car, he recommended Autobahn or MB of Orange Park. Said to stay away from MB of Jax even though MB of Orange Park is part of the same group. A family member highly recommended Herndon's off Phillips Highway when we were experiencing some issues. I believe a friend mentioned he heard of the mechanic off 210/95 as being great, but he couldn't remember the name of the shop. It sounds like it was Lorenzen's. Well, off we went to Herndon's. They were honest in saying they didn't think they could repair our electrical issue. They felt our IC would have to be replaced but suggested we go to the dealer to see if they could repair it. We received a quote from Herndon's and then went to MB of Orange Park. They ran their tests and came back with the same diagnosis of replacing the IC. Their cost was only $100 more than Herndon's so we went with them since we received a loaner car while they worked on our vehicle. I can say we walked out feeling both shops were honest and would return to either if any other issue arises.

Last edited by San-San; 06-23-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 1988 SL560, 1989 560 SEL
(Thread Starter)
I have never had service at M B Orange park but got an very good deal on my SL there. Only complaints I have heard on service is price. I sold both my Benz'. They were highly over rated andto expemsive to maintain for their value. They were my first foreign cars and will be my last. The Mercedes quality reputation is a big myth. They are overbuilt in some areas and very deficient in just as many. Nice 107's are now avaiable for a give away price, I can buy one identical to mine for half what I sold for.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 12:38 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jul 2012
hello. I recently purchased a 1989 mercedes 300se. The person who had it before me really abused and neglected this car ,but it still ran sight unseen. I took it to jaxcarcare and was not convinced I was getting the best service for my money,now I'm at Omega Pro and feel the same way. I wish I could find someone close to the riverside area since driving to mechanics miles away doesn't seem very logical of a commute. I read previous post and will check out some of the mentioned mechanics on philips hwy. Let you know what I find.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 06:01 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: W126 300SDL, W140 S320, W211 E320 CDI

Been going there since the 90's with diesel and gas Mercedes. I have been to almost every shop on this page. No way I would go elsewhere. Best shop price in town, 25 years in the same place. All their main techs have been there at least 10 years. Thats says a lot about how your treated by the establishment. Check and compare all the google reviews on all the shops listed.

85 300D, 87 300 SDL(for sale), 97 S320, 05 E320 CDI, 67 Firebird 400 Pro-Tour, 01 Sunset Orange Camaro SS vert 6speed CME, 2000 Confederate America GT, 2003 Ducati ST4s DP
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 01:47 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2013
Vehicle: 2003 SL 500
Yea my 03 sl500 did the stuck in park thing. Got it out of park and to Lorenzen 904-665-9130. He even ordered the aluminum part. Great guy good prices. I will allways use him again.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 03:39 PM
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: Jan 2007
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to danger450 Send a message via Yahoo to danger450
Lorenzen Motors in Jacksonville, FL area

I only go to Lorenzen now, have for years. He has my back, can quickly diagnose problems with cars.

I do a lot of serving to the car, not because it is broken, but because it is a good idea. He flushed my transmission fluid, and keeps an eye on my ABC system by changing out filters, and checking the lines.

I am up to 173,000 miles on a 2003 SL500, and still purrs like a kitten.
AUtgr likes this.

2003 SL500 "AMG SPORT" Brilliant Silver Met.
OPTIONS: SL1, SL2, SL3, 051, 889
MODS: 2009 AMG E63 rims, 2012-Style Arrow LED mirror covers
(with LED ground, courtesy light wired to the dome light), tint,
LED projector city lights, clear lenses, Amber-chrome blinker bulbs,
clear third brake light.
Stay on top of your ABC Maintenance! It is NOT in A or B Flex Service's!
Change FLUID AND FILTER at least every 40,000 miles!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 09:14 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2002

Been going to Lorenzen for well over 5 years for mostly major problems. He's pretty straight forward, he's certainly not the 2nd coming though. He basically charges the same labor price as Brumos and he DOES upcharge for parts 100%, I've seen his costs (so you're paying twice as much as the part cost him). It is more out of convenience than anything else, he can usually do your job the same day and the big advantage is that he will use the parts you supply, but his labor is the same as the dealer. He does good work, but he's certainly no bargain. If your supplying parts let him do the job, if not, go to the dealer you'll get a loaner car for the duration. He charges the same as Brumos for oil changes and regular services (most of the time Brumos is cheaper with a coupon), but like I said you get a loaner from Brumos.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 04:30 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Aug 2013
Vehicle: Chev Tahoe, Jeep Liberty,
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I used Lorenzen for changing a fuel filter and the air filters in a 2014 MB GL Bluetec, and I was favorably impressed by the work he did. The job he did was excellent and I would certainly recommend him for Mercedes work. He is definitely less expensive than the typical dealer--the one here in Gainesville does all the work Mercedes recommends in their maintenance guide, which is very expensive. For example, they change the windshield wipers every 10,000 miles ($100) when they are typically good for 3 years or 30,000 to 40,000 miles.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - South

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: