AL, Huntsville - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 02:14 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 99 E320 4matic, 05 Saab 9-3, 96 Landrover Disco, 72 Porsche RSR clone project, 74 Dodge D10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up MB repair Huntsville

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamirD View Post
Where's he located?
Right here

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/343944-mbtech001.html

Huntsville, AL in the city

He's freelance, home shop

"Professional advice is welcome, amateur advice appreciated, swags respected"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 07:34 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2011
Vehicle: 2004 S55 AMG, 1999 SLK230, 2010 GL450, GM muscle, Porsche
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
+1 for Southside Motors. They've done some maintenance on our S55 AMG, and I have been pleased with them.

Ashley Garage (actually 2 blocks away from Southside), not so much... Filthy shop and office, but it looked like the right place to bring your '80's/90's Volvo from what I saw in the parking lot..
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 11:39 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2011
Thanks Zyggiest for the compiment ! If I can help anyone, feel free to PM me anytime.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 10:35 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2012
Vehicle: 1998 ML320
Would any of the places mentioned above be a good shop for AC repair? I need to officially diagnose my AC, but I'm fairly certain I need to replace the compressor.

Also, has anyone on the forum had any experience with Worth's Muffler Shop? I have a leak in my exhaust and I'm hoping I can just weld as a fix instead of replacing parts...

Thanks!
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 09:35 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 2011 E350 Sedan, 1993 Chevrolet Corvette 30th Anniversary Ed., 31 in Snapper Hi-Vac Oh Yeah!
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If it is not a A or B Service, I use the MB Dealer in Huntsville. I have compared their price with other members on this forum and found that they are very reasonable. For example I just had all three (3) motor mounts replaced on my W211 for $641.70 and they gave us a free C class loaner. Even though we did not buy our W211 at this dealer they treat us as if we did. Other forum members have paid $885 or more for this same repair at other dealers. If you are a MBUSA club member like we are they give you 10% off parts and labor. I highly recommend becoming a member, the discount will pay for the membership itself.
The warranty and perks are worth a little extra to me. For example after one service, when I arrived at the house I noticed that didn't have a seal set and the transmission was leaking a little fluid. I called them, they brought a free C-Class loaner to our house, picked up the car. When they were done, they brought it back and picked up the loaner. Nothing but great thing to say about this dealer.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 06:53 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2012
FYI: I contacted MBTech001 but unfortunately I couldn't use his services because he ONLY uses MB parts and cash only.

I ordered aftermarket parts but he wouldn't install them. He wants you to buy MB parts from him and he also charges $60 to run your codes.

Update: I found an independent MB technician that one on my church friends recommended. He lets you buy your own parts and he only charges for labor (runs codes for free). He installed new plugs, cables and coils on my C230 for only $60. Message me if you want his info. His shop is in Huntsville and he works for himself.

10/06/12: I had my motor mounts replaced for $228.16. I purchased (OEM) mounts from bmaparts for $128.16 and the technician installed them for $100. My car is running like new again. I'm ordering more parts and having more work done by this mechanic and will update.

Last edited by huntsvegas; 10-08-2012 at 06:41 AM.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 05:41 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 2011 E350 Sedan, 1993 Chevrolet Corvette 30th Anniversary Ed., 31 in Snapper Hi-Vac Oh Yeah!
Update on MB Huntsville - they have been bought out by Landers McClarty and their service department has taken a nose dive. Pricing has increased, The MBUSA club discount is practically worthless and they are pushing way more service than is really needed. I had a heart to heart with the service manager and he realizes that they have a problem. If you go ask for Scott Wallace, he'll try to help you as much as he can.
Case in point, our E320 developed a leak in the sunroof, MB Huntsville wanted $650 to investigate the leak, plus more to fix. At the same time our BMW 550i developed the same issue. BMW dealer diagnosed and fixed for $240. I see more BMWs in our future if we stay in this town!
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2013, 05:22 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2013
Vehicle: 1993 SL500
who is the mechanic you used huntsvegas
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2013, 05:29 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2010
Vehicle: 1973 MB 450SL, 2000 VW bug TDI, 2011 BMW 528i
South side motors..... Off Governors drive..... Ask for Mike( lead mechanic)
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 11:49 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2013
Vehicle: S600 Designo Silver 2002
Best I have used around Huntsville, AL is Aaron's Automotive. He was a certified mechanic for Mercedes and Nissan in Huntsville before going on his own. His shop is located in Grant, AL but is hands down worth the 35min drive. He has customers that come from Georgia and all around. You usually have to leave your car at his shop for a few days, as he stays so busy. His shop number is 256-728-5650.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - South

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in