FL, Orlando - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 02:56 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 2002 SL500 Silver on Black
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If anyone likes to do their own auto work but doesn't have a jack, or you need true lift access, check out these guys

DitY Auto Repair

For $20/hr I was able to use a full two-post lift, all of their tools and disposal equipment, and they even let me use their air tools for no extra charge. They had a mechanic on hand who was very friendly and said "Ask me as many questions as you need" and lent a big hand in many parts of my repairs. Took me 3 hrs to do strut mounts, transmission flush, differential flush and other various work under the car.

Great place.
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 06:29 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: '14 E350, '03 H-D FXDL
Originally Posted by Samurai1833 View Post
I've heard a lot of good things about Ron's European Auto Service on Tropical Trail, does anyone have any experience with them, or another recommendation.
They did my pre-purchase inspection and pointed out regular maint. issues for a fair price. But now it's time to get the work done and I want to weigh options.
Aux battery replacement $200.00, 60K Trans service $375, and filters $70.00 sounds reasonable. They've got a good rep, but are they the only show in town?
I've had Ron's service two of my Benz's and all was fine. Ron's does not offer the ethereal expericence of plasma TV and cappuccino, but the price was about 55% less than the dealer. They will not install any customer-provided parts. Ron's has just moved to SR520 on Merritt Island, across from the big Walmart; John Bell runs the shop: (321) 452-9097.

'14 E350 - Palladium/Beige, P1, Park, LED, etc.
'08 E350 - Pewter/Cashmere, P1, Sport, Beretta 92FS Centurion (Sold)
'06 SL500 - Pewter/Charcoal, Bi-Xen, Cmfrt Pkg, Keyless Go, Trim Pkg, SIG-Sauer P229 (Sold)
'03 SLK320 - Pewter/Charcoal (Sold)
'88 420SEL - Sliver/Blue (Sold)
'86 300SDL - Champagne/Brown (Sold)
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 08:19 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Oct 2011
Vehicle: 10 c63, 06 s65
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
So i called in for an oil change on my 300SL (I like doing oil changes at the dealership). I called in to Mercedes Benz of South Orlando (near millenia) and they quoted me $160!!!! for a conventional oil change!! and $189 for synth! I called up MB of Maitland and they quoted me a more sensible $89 for conv and $120 for synth.

As far as Indys go, I prefer going to Nort Northams in Winter Park. Honest guys, always get the work done right and their price always seems to be half of what the dealer asks. I always do my own research before taking my car in and the parts arent marked up and the labor charge for the amount of time is right as well. Ive had some leak issues with my 300sl, and we suspected a head gasket and since going there we thought it would be best to get a valve job done (total of 1500) but they determined the head gasket was not the issue it was a leak right near the gasket. They could have done all that for 1500 and i would still be leaking oil and would hav had to bring it in again but instead they fixed the real leaks for a total of 600. highly recommended!

'06 S65 AMG: 59k mi, blk/blk, stock, daily driver
'10 C63 AMG: blk/blk Eurocharged tune 540 HP, 500TQ H&R Coilovers 10k miles, cat/res delete w/ 3" XPipe
'14 S550V: blk/blk AMG sport package (dads car)
'98 S420V: Opal Black/tan, 600 grill, 18" AMGs *SOLD*
'03 S500V: body wiring harness issues *SOLD*
'90 300SL: triple black, 18" AMGs *SOLD*
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 06:55 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Apr 2013
Vehicle: 2007 C-230 Sport manual
To those looking for MB shop in Brevard

Originally Posted by Merc4MeDiesel View Post
I need a DIESEL perfectionist! I have alway worked on my own cars, but diesel's are not in my knowledge base . I live in Cocoa 50 miles east of Orlando in Brevard county. If any one can direct me to a great diesel tech I would !!
I'm a relatively new MB owner with limited shop owner experience. I went to the MB dealer in Melbourne (NASA Blvd) for open service campaign on my '07 C230. The place is an immaculate dealership full of amenities and free food, but I had to make a return trip to fix a "spin-off" problem. Both visits were free of actual out-of-pocket cost, but I'm in north Titusville, so it was a haul-about 90 miles round trip. Twice. And i'm not sure everything is fine.

My limited, but positive experience has been with Pete's European in Titusville. I was having intermittent alarm problems and a co-worker recommended. Pete's is a small - 3 bays if memory serves correct - busy shop (open M-F 9:30 -6:30) but owner Pete Weckman is up-front and very knowledgeable. Phone # is 321 567 0306. I don't think there is an actual website, but if you do engine search you should get directed to fb page. As the name implies, shop only operates on European makes.

To date, I haven't had any "real" work done, so I can't vouch for the techs' diesel experience. I've called for advice once and after a diagnostic revealed my electronics were fine, I bought a replacement key fob at a drastically reduced rate. I'd have to imagine his customers are satisfied though; try to get in to see him and he's slammed. A phone call could be worth your while..

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 07:25 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Apr 2012
Vehicle: 2001 New to me, E320 Wagon
Dealer Service Alternative = AWESOME!

Great results in Orlando, FL.

Alexis, owner n Manager

(407) 673-7842

One extends one's limits ONLY by exceeding them... fortune cookie
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 08:11 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jun 2014
Vehicle: 2005 E320CDI & 2008 E63 P30
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thumbs up FS Tuning European Autowerks in Orlando!!

Hey Folks!

I'm new to the Mercedes community as I've just picked up a 2005 E320 CDI, but the service facility I plan on using is FS Tuning European Autowerks, 615 Commonwealth Ave, Orlando. (407) 730-3092. It's on the South side of Colonial right by the Burger King, east side of the Fashion Square Mall area. Going down Commonwealth (headed south) the shop is on the left immediately past Amateur Electronic Supply (the place with all the antennas).

I'm a member of the European Alliance auto club in Orlando (I also own a Porsche Cayenne and a Holden) and I came to know Fabian since he's also a club member. Fabian is a Mercedes-Benz Master Technician and also a very good performance tuner. He has a nice, clean shop facility and schedules by appointment. I've not met a more honest, open Mercedes tech then Fabian, he's very fair in computing labor and gives a good deal on his hours and parts markup. I would HIGHLY recommend giving Fabian a try if you want good work at an affordable price.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 12:25 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Apr 2014
Vehicle: 1979 and 1980 300TDs
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
What a great idea! Could of used them this past weekend while repairing rust holes underneath my car. Might not have ended up with so much POR-15 stuck on my skin..
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 07:38 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2009
Vehicle: 1997 S320
Moving to Orlando

I will be moving to Orlando soon and I have 1997 S320 with oil leak (most likely leak is from timing cover). I also want to find a place for a long term maintenance.

There are some shops mentioned here but I wanted to check to see if any new shops/recommendations.

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - South

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: