Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
WI, Waukesha

Milwaukee Motorwerks.
contact@milwaukeemotorwerks.com
262-436-1301
Milwaukee Motorwerks - Repair/Performance for: BMW, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Audi, VW, Lexus, Infiniti, Exotics...

Owner's name is Brian. Had them replace the front brake pads and flush the coolant and brake fluid on my 2002 W203.

Good guys, about 1/2 of dealer labor rates and they did a fine job.

I am taking a 2003 E320 4Matic Wagon in for pre-purchase inspection this Saturday. Called Brian to schedule and asked how much it would cost. He said they normally do not charge for such.

Great little shop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 11:40 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 2005 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Thank you for the info! I don't live far from Travis Ln either!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 09:09 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2011
Vehicle: 2003 C230 Kompressor
Will give them a try. New to me 2003 C230 needs service.

Just put tires on, now need to do brake pads. Will let you know how it goes.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1985 190E2.6(junked), 1995c220, 2000CLK430(totaled), 2001C240, 2009 CLS
Lifetime Premium Member
Don't let thes guys touch your car, might as well take it to the zoo, park by primate area and give all primates a pry bar and a five pound sledge, your car will come back the same either way, actually primates might do a better job!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 2002 C240, 2003 E320 4Matic Wagon, 2005 S500 4Matic
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
I have had nothing but positive experience at Milwaukee Motorwerks. What is your problem with them? Attcking them like you did says nothing about your actual experience.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1985 190E2.6(junked), 1995c220, 2000CLK430(totaled), 2001C240, 2009 CLS
Lifetime Premium Member
I brought my car in, for them to remove my radio( to send out for repair). They broke the metal clips off the radio, broke the cover over the shifter, the cover on center console(I fixed that myself) got grease all over my interior, on carpet. Instead of having any idea how it either came out or went together, they merely guessed, and that is why they busted the shit out of my car. MY actual experience was one of complete ignorance on their part, as how to do the job. They had no shop manual or any reference material, so they winged it. They simply could have told me they didn't know how to remove it and it would have been fine, instead they claimed they knew what they were doing, which clearly wasn't the case, as they broke parts by the application of brawn not brain. They broke the small plastic band above the radio, which never needed to be removed in the first place( $47.00 international auto). If you know what your doing there is no reason to break anything, if your guessing things get busted and they busted a lot. Not my idea of a competent repair shop, especially when they hide the fact they broke things. They might be able to change the oil, but little else, but hey, it's your money spend it as you see fit. And I make a habit of telling everybody I meet, about the quality of their work, after that I never went back, not wanting to give them a chance to break more things on my car. I've owned Mercedes for twentyfive years and in that time no company or person has broken more crap than they have. Anytime you'd care to see it for yourself, I'd not have a problem showing you the quality of their work.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 05:09 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jun 2013
My experience with Milwaukee Motorwerks is similar to benzover. My 98 SL500 had a few drops of oil under it so I looked around underneath and it looked like the steer gear was leaking. The center steering link was also getting loose. I checked for parts costs and and about how much to repair on the internet. I then called around and Milwaukee Motorwerks said they could do it the soonest and priced about what I had found. I also had them change the valve cover gaskets. The shop had a lot of European cars in the parking lot including an sl500 so these guys looked like they have experience on quality cars. Wrong.
After I drove the 1+ hr to Waukesha to pick up the car the shop was closed for lunch. Waited nearly an hour when the crew got back from subway or wherever. The inside of the car was greasy. Black grease marks on the lower door panel, carpet and steering wheel but I wanted to get the car back home for the weekend. I told the service mgr about it and he offered to wash it but it would be a couple of hours. No thanks. I'll just use naptha and a rag when I got home. Parked the car in the garage and the next morning there was a huge puddle of oil under the car! wtf. While checking around underneath the car I pulled on the center steering link they replaced and the damn thing nearly came off in my hand. They never tightened the locknuts. 2 maybe 3 threads holding the nuts on. The link could have fallen off. A call to Motorwerks and they said to bring it back. I said its not safe to drive. Oh,... ok we'll send a flatbed to pick up.
To shorten the story the service mgr blamed the alignment shop for not tightening the center link locknuts after they loosened them for the alignment. No, Motorwerks failed to tightened them when the hack installed it. Motorwerks farms out their aligments. The car also acquired a drift to the right which two attempts by Motorwerks farm alignment shop failed to totally remove. And the oil leak? The service mgr had the hack just tighten the cover studs. Next day big puddle. I had enough. I was a certified auto mechanic in my younger days at various dealerships in Milwaukee including Nodell Cadillac and Wally Rank but don't always have the time to fix my stuff now. I pulled off the valve covers which are really actually pretty easy and saw that the hack had rolled the gasket on the back edge destroying the gasket and causing the leak. 3 cover holes in the aluminum head were stripped but I'm not sure if Motorwerks did that. Slightly longer bolts are in but a helicoil repair is in the future. I ordered new oem gaskets and put them in myself. After a gunk and rinse absolutely no oil drips on garage floor to this day. So Motorwerks hacks botched a simple valve cover job and nearly caused an accident by just finger tightening critical steering parts and leaving my car dirty. After several trips back and forth to try and get the botched repairs resolved I will never go back or recommend them for any repair or service. I'll just go to Black Forest, Concours or suggestions?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 11:15 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2013
Vehicle: 500 SEL
Any other recommendations in the Waukesha area? Looking for a good place to bring my euro '83 W126 for a leaking transmission. I've seen mixed reviews of Milwaukee Motorwerks both here and on other forums. Hoping not to have to drive in to Milwaukee to go to Black Forrest or Concours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - Midwest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in