post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 05:27 PM
GFF
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 1992 300sl, 1994 S320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Euro-tech

Yes, Rick did close up shop. I am told that he is working for Estate Motors in Birmingham as a service manager.

George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 07:25 AM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: '55 W120 180, '08 W211 E350 Sportline
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Motorwerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangrum View Post
I took my 1955 180 to Motorwerks more than 2 weeks ago and I still don't even have an estimate! Unless you don't want to drive your car for a very long time then I would not recommend this shop.
My car was in Motorwerks' shop for three months! and the bill was $3,400! They never let me know how long it would take or how much it would cost until it was done and was presented the bill.

I told the so called "expert" I worked with not to buy the wheel cylinders from Mercedes but he did any way. This alone added $1,200 to the cost. These are ATE parts that can be purchased at any local parts store. I told him multiple times. He said he would split the cost difference with me but when it came time to negotiate he was nowhere to be found. To his credit, he did find a brake shoe for this car. The Ponton community is under the impression that these are NLA.

I've had other cars services there and there was no problem with timing or cost, though a little pricey, and covered by one year warranty. But I did not have to deal with this so called "expert" those times.

So, unless you don't mind your car in the shop for months and have really deep pockets, I would not recommend Motorwerks for vintage cars.
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 10:19 AM
GFF
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: 1992 300sl, 1994 S320
For anyone interested EURO-TECH MOTOR CARS mechanic LOLI is now working out of his home. His number is
248-787-4549. I have been taking my car to him when needed. He lives in the 14 mile and Decker area which is Novi or Commerce Twp. You can tell him you got the number from me and Benzworld.

George
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 07:54 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1983 240D , '52 220S, '50 170DS, '90 350SDL,'83 380SL, '50 Citroen 11BN, 37 Cityroen 11BL, '72 DS21
Quote:
I took my 1955 180 to Motorwerks more than 2 weeks ago and I still don't even have an estimate! Unless you don't want to drive your car for a very long time then I would not recommend this shop.

Mike, i know what you mean, that's why i have been doing all the work myself. Slow but right!
Darryl
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 07:58 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: 1983 240D , '52 220S, '50 170DS, '90 350SDL,'83 380SL, '50 Citroen 11BN, 37 Cityroen 11BL, '72 DS21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFLO View Post
yea it seems thats the case with most of these indi shops in Metro Detroit Area .. after installing the wrong shocks at Eurotec they didnt even bother to check the height adjustment or anything just installed and brang it out front like nothing wrong even though front end was sitting up 5 inches more then it should of . Even the dealers cant figure out what right parts you need after giving them the vin and them doing a points tally reagarding the options in your vehicle to make right decision which part to give you .

I came across a shop in Farmington Hills right near the Mercedes Benz of Novi dealer . Cool dude believe the place is called EuroTec in a small industrial complex right off of Haggerty & Grand River . He basically came up with same prices as all other indi's but when I told him I'd pay cash he dropped the labor charge to the point where I asked how soon can it be done . Book time 2 1/2 hrs i was out of there in an hour less . And will go back when i need readjustments ..

I think this guy's name is Jack, he rebuilt a 722 trans for me for cheap and did another one for a friend. 1500 installed. Excellent work. Cash.
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 08:02 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
My car was in Motorwerks' shop for three months! and the bill was $3,400! They never let me know how long it would take or how much it would cost until it was done and was presented the bill.

I told the so called "expert" I worked with not to buy the wheel cylinders from Mercedes but he did any way. This alone added $1,200 to the cost. These are ATE parts that can be purchased at any local parts store. I told him multiple times. He said he would split the cost difference with me but when it came time to negotiate he was nowhere to be found. To his credit, he did find a brake shoe for this car. The Ponton community is under the impression that these are NLA.

I've had other cars services there and there was no problem with timing or cost, though a little pricey, and covered by one year warranty. But I did not have to deal with this so called "expert" those times.

So, unless you don't mind your car in the shop for months and have really deep pockets, I would not recommend Motorwerks for vintage cars.
Mike, there's a place in Troy that made brake shoes for my two Citroens. Exactly what I requested. 80.00 a set

Just go to a custom place and they will make the correct ones if you tell them the specs from the service manual.
That's what I did they are PERFECT.

For the early cars a lot of parts are available without having to go to pirates or parts monkeys. That may sound mean but I have been stung a few times and the so-called professionals did nothing to fix the problem. They just want you to go away.

Darryl
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 09:34 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2014
Vehicle: '87 300TDT
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Steve's Auto Europe yet. I haven't been there but several of my friends have high regards for them.

'87 300TDT White on Blue - Wrecked - Repairs pending
87' W126 300SDL Beige on Tobacco Brown
Detroit Area
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 02:04 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2016
Vehicle: 2000 E320
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Boro's Auto Service Troy MI

Great place. Boro is a factory trained Mercedes Technician.
Worked on my Dad's 1969 280se. You need to setup appointment
and leave the your car for a few days. It is worth it, Boro is very nice guy
and easy to talk to especially if you like Benz's as much as he does.

Boro's Auto Service
1931 Larchwood Dr.
Troy, MI
248-689-7621
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - Midwest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in