MI, Detroit - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 08:51 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Euro-Tech Motorcars Ltd. is an honest shop, fair prices for labor, and a great place for diy's to get parts. Would recommend to any Merc owner. On the flip-side Franz at Franz Auto Care is a saboteur. As a diy'r (when possible) I had a problem when my 300e wouldnt start. I had it towed to Franz specifically asking for a simple diagnosis of why it died, days and several calls later he called me back with an estimation for repair. Long story short, after paying for his diagnosis services and getting it back home, i went to work. When complete, i was excited to get the old girl back on the road, but Franz wasn't done. Come to find out, thanks to forums like benzword, he removed my starter module fuse. Once the issue was located, I replaced the fuse, and put her back on the road!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:23 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2009
[B]A&G Auto Care in Royal Oak off of 14 mile

Sam, the owner knows Benzs and likes them. He ia very fair- he did a diagnostic code check and didn't charge me- and reasonable. I had the front brakes done on my car and when they continued to squeek, he was almost embarresed but made it right. NOT a beautiful shop, but if you're looking for atmosphere, you can always go to the dealer.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 02:25 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2010
Smile fair deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFF View Post
Euro-Tech Motorcars Ltd
31171 Stephenson Hwy
Madison Hts,Mi 48071
248-588-0088

I have been using Euro-Tech for the last twenty years and have been very pleased. They are an independent Mercedes only repair facility. Everything from oil cahnges to complete engine rebuilds. Same original owner and mechanics. Owner was an MB certified delearship mechanic.

George
Euro Tech highly recommended, installed door glass in my SL 500 for a very reasonable 2 hours of labor. checked with the dealer after Rick had finished and they wanted 5 hours of labor for the same job. If you can find an honest competent Mercedes Benz tech he is worth his weight in gold. Thanks Rick I'll be back
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 12:09 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2010
Vehicle: 95 C220
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccann1958 View Post
I take my 2005 E320-CDI to Rick at Euro-Tech. He does a great job at a fair price and has always been extremely honest with me. His place is a bit hard to find since the City of Madison Heights has not allowed him to put up a sign. Google 31171 Stephenson Hwy, Madison Heights, MI or call Rick at 248-558-0088.
I can't believe It....I regularly hit the Costco at 13 and Stephenson and never knew it was right there.
I hope he doesn't mind Canadian customers
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 07:33 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2011
Vehicle: 1984 300D Turbo
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BenzC220 View Post
I can't believe It....I regularly hit the Costco at 13 and Stephenson and never knew it was right there.
I hope he doesn't mind Canadian customers
+1 for Rick/Eurotech. He fixed my passenger door lock ("I found some parts had fallen off in the door, so I just put them back together and charged 1/2 hr of labor") and adjusted bowden cable at a fair price.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: W210 E55 , Excalibur Pheaton
to each is own

I took my ride into Eurotech cuz my front driver side was sittin lower then front passenger side . after lifting the car he couldnt find anything wrong , so i told him let me have a look and lo n b-hold *I* found a cracked coil spring he or his techs couldnt find??????
Then i had ordered spring from dealer previously figuring its the springs well dealer gave me wrong springs , he installed anyways without looking to see if they match the springs he took off then comes back to me talkin about I dont know what you had on there before after stating to him everything is OEM . anyhow order new springs through him and complains to me that he has to do labor again , and that if i had ordered springs with him this wouldnt have happened even though when he look on his comp he came up with same springs as dealer , wasnt untill we called benz parts house in chicago and they came back with right spring coil parts number . Anyhow dealer quoted me 250 he quoted me 220 just to swap out 2 front coil springs that took all of an hour for them to change . Personally would of rather took it to the dealer because my front driver side still sags lower then passenger side and after spend $400 for 2 coil springs + LABOR he comes back with a shoulder shrug and a I DONT KNOW reply WTFFFF . What really gets me is that i asked before any work was done if he had tools <spring compressor> todo the job right and he stated yes but i seen with my own eyes they dropped my control arms to swap springs which wasnt needed to be done just pop in the compressor and take spring out and reinstall new one .. after having togo back to him 3 times and being charged almost as much as dealer NO WAY IN HELL will i go back there shoot i coulda took it to corner gas station/service shop for same work for half the price . if your benz is older then 2000 you might have luck but anything newer dont bother . And to make matters worse I'm waiting in the nasty ass waiting room for them to finish my car and they go order a phucking pizza and just stop working and go on lunch break while im waitin there .. guess he figured that since he had to redo my springs for no charge that i got time to wait for them togo to lunch while im losing my time from my job so they can eat ? PHUCK THAT never again rather goto Motorwerks and actually feel like im in a proferssional car shop and not some old beat down office building with mildewd couchs and 10 yr old national geographic mags to read where the hourly rate is the same .. If your car is an AMG i highly dont recommend you take your car for service there he frowns upon the nicer newer benzs and prefers to work on OLDER models as im sure thats all hes trained to do

post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 02:48 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2011
Vehicle: 1995 E320 Convertible
eurotech, karl-heinz and joes mazda

joe is a mazda dealer on woodward north of eight mile in ferndale. he used to work for mercedes and still maintains a section of his shop exclusively for MB. even though his voice and attitude is big his performance is poor. he replaced one shock on my 560 SEC and the car was still bouncing. then he replaced the accumulators. i later learned that when the car bounces its the accumulators and not the shock. hassle twi ce, too much money.

i have not been to eurotech but talked over the phone to rick. he said very clearly that he is not fond of you bringing parts in for him to install, because they make their money on parts not an labor alone.

karl-Heinz in Troy behind meijers off coolidge also threatend me to pick up my car immediately if i intend to bring in new parts. he diagnosed my car (leaking bow hydraulic cylinder for my convertible top) for 80 usd and said if i come back to him once i have enough money for the 1400 usd repair he would honor these first 80 usd. that was very kind. however i ended up pulling all the cylinders (8 in total) out myself and will have them rebuild for less than 400 usd. This labor work could have gone to him, but with his attitude he lost out on that job.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 10:04 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: W210 E55 , Excalibur Pheaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee German View Post
joe is a mazda dealer on woodward north of eight mile in ferndale. he used to work for mercedes and still maintains a section of his shop exclusively for MB. even though his voice and attitude is big his performance is poor. he replaced one shock on my 560 SEC and the car was still bouncing. then he replaced the accumulators. i later learned that when the car bounces its the accumulators and not the shock. hassle twi ce, too much money.

i have not been to eurotech but talked over the phone to rick. he said very clearly that he is not fond of you bringing parts in for him to install, because they make their money on parts not an labor alone.

karl-Heinz in Troy behind meijers off coolidge also threatend me to pick up my car immediately if i intend to bring in new parts. he diagnosed my car (leaking bow hydraulic cylinder for my convertible top) for 80 usd and said if i come back to him once i have enough money for the 1400 usd repair he would honor these first 80 usd. that was very kind. however i ended up pulling all the cylinders (8 in total) out myself and will have them rebuild for less than 400 usd. This labor work could have gone to him, but with his attitude he lost out on that job.
yea it seems thats the case with most of these indi shops in Metro Detroit Area .. after installing the wrong shocks at Eurotec they didnt even bother to check the height adjustment or anything just installed and brang it out front like nothing wrong even though front end was sitting up 5 inches more then it should of . Even the dealers cant figure out what right parts you need after giving them the vin and them doing a points tally reagarding the options in your vehicle to make right decision which part to give you .

I came across a shop in Farmington Hills right near the Mercedes Benz of Novi dealer . Cool dude believe the place is called EuroTec in a small industrial complex right off of Haggerty & Grand River . He basically came up with same prices as all other indi's but when I told him I'd pay cash he dropped the labor charge to the point where I asked how soon can it be done . Book time 2 1/2 hrs i was out of there in an hour less . And will go back when i need readjustments ..

post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 08:44 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: '55 W120 180, '08 W211 E350 Sportline
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Another endorsement for Motor Werks!
I took my 1955 180 to Motorwerks more than 2 weeks ago and I still don't even have an estimate! Unless you don't want to drive your car for a very long time then I would not recommend this shop.

Thanks,
Mike
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 04:33 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2014
Vehicle: 2005 S600
Euro-Tech closed?

Anyone know if he's closed up shop? Getting a fast-busy when I call the number... I have been trying to get a hold of Rick for a couple of weeks.
I'll try and drive by one of these days to check the building.

Euro-Tech Motorcars Ltd
31171 Stephenson Hwy
Madison Hts,Mi 48071
248-588-0088
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - Midwest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in