LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Premium Member

Date registered: Oct 2009
Vehicle: 1986 420SEL - 2001 BMW 325xiT - 2013 BMW M3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Premium Member
I have used Autohaus Dierolf in Carmel. They are are little expensive on parts costs. I might try Black Forest motors soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1986 Black on Grey 420 SEL (560 Interior Swap)
1986 Smoke on Burgundy 300 SDL - SOLD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 07:00 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2010
Vehicle: 1984 500SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where in Bloomington?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkw View Post
I used to take my car up to INDY" Worldwide Motors for services when it was still under warranty. When the warranty expired, I use a local MB repair shop in Bloomington. I think the owner is more knowledgeable then the dealer grease monkeys.
I live in Bloomington and am looking for a good shop for my older Mercedes. What shop do you use?

Last edited by gelfn; 02-20-2010 at 08:17 PM.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 05:46 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2010
Vehicle: 2003 E500
Bloomington Recommendation

Took my car to Quality Imports - probably best mechanic in Bloomington, has been in business over 30 years and only works on mercedes. Little pricey, however, cheaper than the dealer. GL
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 12:29 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2010
Autohaus Merkle on the westside is a good one, especially if you have an older benz. they really know their stuff.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 11:53 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 1977 280CE EURO, 1979 280CE EURO
Not really too big of a fan of autohaus meerkle... I have had them run several dino's for me and once had them do a timing belt on my jetta. I got my car back in worse shape than when I took it to them... I do my own work now if the Indiana weather is permitting. J Frank is a good shop on the north west side they have worked on my mbz and I have never had any complaint. He actually imported my car in the early 80's. FYI they are trying to get rid of there old inventory if anyone is looking for parts check them out they are willing to deal!
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 06:20 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2011
Vehicle: '06 SLK 350
I've been checking into JFrank, and am somewhat put-off. The son now "runs" the location and seems a bit difficult to "reach". I've met and spoken with the elder J Frank, and he's a nice man. He told me yesterday his son was there from 8 'til 4, so I dropped by this afternoon, oh, around 1-1:15. There was a note on the locked door; Gone to lunch, be back around 4! I guess one has to make an appointment to make an appointment.
I called Bob Squires and left a message, so hopefully I'll get a call from him.

I DO appreciate all the recommendations given in this thread.

Thank you!!!
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 09:03 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2010
I have a 72 280 SEL and have had a tough time finding a good shop to work on my car. I tried Bob Squires and found him to be weird and difficult to deal with. Merkel will charge whatever they can get away with but ok if you know exactly what needs to be done and tell them what to charge! Dierhoff has been good so far but only a few experiences. J Franck is the closest to me and has a horrible reputation from what I hear and my only meeting with a mechanic made me run away quickly. Had some work done at Werners in Ft Wayne and they charged me about double the estimate but did really good work, Werner personally did the job and he did it right, but not cheap.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 03:32 PM
BenzWorld Member

Just for informational purposes, Bob Squires is rather ill. I spoke with him today for about 10 mins. and he told me he's battling a serious infection and is having heart surgery soon. He'll be out of commission 'til ~ the middle of May.

I'm still going to check-out Black Forest and may be Bloomington(at least the drive to B-ton would be fun; 135 to Bean Blossom then 45 to B-ton
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 02:07 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 04 S600, 99 BMW 750iL, 97 BMW 750iL and many others.
Any local indy with an actual SDS that is willing to turn off teleaid? MB only calls for .3 hr labor. Some of the indy I spoke with charge an hour minimum or don't want to touch teleaid. Thanks,
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 06:03 PM
BenzWorld Member

You might check-out JFrank, 52nd and Lafayette Rd. The elder Mr Frank told me they DO have SDS...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - Midwest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in