Date registered: Sep 2012
Vehicle: 1995 S500 Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good Indie, East KC

Shade Tree Investments
705 Walnut St, Blue Springs, MO
816-224-3663
Replaced Caps and Rotors on my 95 S500. Very Nice guys, did a great job and the price was right. Big Benz runs strong again.

Last edited by dhinkle88; 08-16-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 12:05 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2013
Vehicle: 2003 CLK 320 Conv
Giving Morrie's a try on my 2003 CLK 320 W208

Well, I'll be curious to see how things go tomorrow at Morrie's
They are doing:
  • New spark plugs, 12
  • Oil change with filter 9 quarts Amsoil 5W-40 MBZ approved
  • New oil cap gasket and crush ring for oil pan.
  • Trans flush with filter and gasket 9 qts Fuch's
  • New Transmission connector for ATF leak, can't recall part name.
  • Differential service with 75-90
  • Radiator flush with G-05 and distilled water
  • New radiator hoses upper and lower
  • New Thermostat with housing
  • Throttle position switch / sensor
  • Brake light switch
  • New cabin filter
  • New valve cover gaskets and upper valve covers with permatex
  • New crank case breather hoses, 4 in all.
  • Steam clean engine to remove oil leakage from valve covers.
  • New fuel filter
  • New serpentine belt
  • Service windshield wiper assembly and grease.

I went in Friday with my list... 550-600 to do all of this. I ordered most everything from AutohausAZ and he is fine putting on the parts, doing a computer scan before and after the installation, checking all codes if any and providing all the used parts for inspection when I pick it up. I think this will get it to a pretty good starting point for service down the road. He is going to check the motor mounts and all the front end bushings and let me know if we should address these as well.

I'll keep you KC folks posted. My first impression was quite good, very knowledgeable and he went out of his way to make sure he understood all that was to be done and suggested doing the transmission connector while he was working on it. Part for it is 21 buck and he has it in stock. The shop was filled with MB's in different stages of repair but he assured me he would be done in a day. The shop is not in the best part of town but I have found many shops like this in the past and have yet to be disappointed. I had my Silverado trans built for 500hp and when I pulled up to the shop I nearly drove off, then I pulled in and ... well, maybe a 1/2 mil of muscle cars being restored and the shop was spotless, Hopefully Morrie's will prove to be a diamond in the rough.

LGSONE

Well, SCORE. Found a idler pulley that was going bad, with tax, 730.00 bucks with the extra part. All work done in a day. Great work, showed me all the replaced parts, showed me the old and a new pulley and the play in the old one. Morrie has been working on these cars since he can remember and who's family owned a Mercedes and BMW dealer in Tehran, guy eats and breathes these cars. Been at it since he was a kid for over 35 years. VERY impressed. To top it off, he called at 7pm and came and picked me up at my home. Who does that anymore. I drove him back, and gladly wrote a check. He was fine was with me bringing my own parts and was more than helpful. 5 stars, I'll be back for all service in the future.

Cheers all, great place for info.

LGSONE

Update, going down the highway and suddenly I look like I'm putting out a smoke screen, trans pan gasket went. Had it towed with AAA to Morries, and he replaced it for free, cleaned the undercarriage and topped off the fluid 1/2 quart low. Dropped it off at 2pm on Friday, he called at 5.30 pm the same day all ready to go. Great customer service, stopped what he was doing to fix it, not bad at all.

LGSONE

Last edited by LGSONE; 09-13-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Update progress
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 06:44 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 2002 SL500 Silver Arrow; 2005 CLK320 cabriolet; 2008 E350 4matic; sold 1985 380SE
Thanks LGSONE for the recommendation. I stopped in Tuesday and he gave my SL500 Silver Arrow a thorough analysis. He found a leak in the car steering gear box and rear differential leak and will repack the front wheel bearing. Estimates were well below dealer cost and I will have the work done next week. I'll give an update then. BeardSL
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 02:42 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2011
Anyone have address phone info for Morries? There seems to be a few in KC, KS....
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 04:57 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jun 2010
Morries at 913 281 5300 the address is 935 Kansas avenue. I told you guys Morrie is the man, will go out of his way to solve your problem , be polite, his son gave me a ride to work one day when I dropped off my car! The old man has been doing this a long time. The cheapest way to fix your car is to buy your own parts and let Morrie put them on. Taking my 67 there next week for valve adjust and tune up.

Very important: if you are at Morries go down the street to El pollo Rey and get some chicken, you will thank me.

Last edited by ktmripper; 04-21-2014 at 06:00 AM.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 02:47 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2011
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmripper View Post
Morries at 913 281 5300 the address is 935 Kansas avenue. I told you guys Morrie is the man, will go out of his way to solve your problem , be polite, his son gave me a ride to work one day when I dropped off my car! The old man has been doing this a long time. The cheapest way to fix your car is to buy your own parts and let Morrie put them on. Taking my 67 there next week for valve adjust and tune up.

Very important: if you are at Morries go down the street to El pollo Rey and get some chicken, you will thank me.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 09:56 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2014
Vehicle: 2012 C300 4MATIC
Morrie's

I just took my 2012 C-Class to Morrie's for a simple brake pad replacement and was told it would take a couple hours to replace them. From my experience, it should only take about an hour to replace all four brake pads. Granted, his labor costs are lower than other shops I've received quotes from, but it seems as if he's making up for that by taking his time and over-estimating labor. Has anyone else had this same issue with Morrie? Should I ask why it's taking him twice as long as it should?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - Midwest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in