MO, St. Louis - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 03:17 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2012
Vehicle: 2007 ML500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had Luxury Car Service in Hazelwood (314) 522-9200 do my service B today. What great place to do business and reasonable price. $375 Very professional and fast. Had me out in about and hour. Good price and very knowledgeable about my vehicle.
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 2006 CLS500
Just picked up a 2006 CLS500 and had the Steering Angle Sensor failure within the first week. Plaza Motors wanted $685 and another $2100 to replace the rear shocks. This is a great thread, exactly what I needed to save the day!
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 03:43 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2012
Vehicle: 2007 ML500
Ed will take good care of you. Let us know how much he saves you.
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:52 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Aug 2012
Vehicle: 2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompresser Sport Coupe, 6-speed, leather, pano roof
Went to LCS in Hazelwood for the sunroof on my C230. Ed and Regina were very kind and considerate! Ed is extremely knowledgeable and has no problem explaining exactly what need to be done. I needed a new cassette and he said a new one was over 2G. However, I had found a salvage car and had the entire roof assy. cut off and Ed had no problem getting the parts he needed for the delicate removal of old and replacement with new. Needless to say, C230 sunroofs are not known for their robustness. Anyway, Ed had the new one in in a matter of days and even met me on Saturday morning to pick her up. These two made the experience great and saved me quite a bit of money by agreeing to use the parts I provided. I am very happy to know Ed and Regina and will be a customer again.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 1985 300D "Myrtle the Turtle"
St Charles Foreign Car

St Charles Foreign Car was recommended to me by an acquaintance who owned a 300D for many, many years. I recently took my '85 to them for a fuel leak and general checkup.

I found them to be very professional, EXTREMELY knowledgeable of the older MB diesels and quite reasonably priced. St Charles Foreign Car is a small, privately-owned shop and is not exclusively MB, but they service a great number of them. The current proprietor took over from the original, now-deceased owner a few years ago. It seems he has endured to maintain the reputation of the business.

In cases where I am not comfortable addressing issues with this car, I am confident I will return to St Charles Foreign Car. I could not be happier with the experience.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 12:42 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 1975 280s
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
great st louis repair shop

GLB Motorworks
1150 s. Big Bend
St Louis
An honest repair shop. Especially for vintage Mercedes. A bit pricey but we'll worth it.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 08:03 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Nov 2015
Vehicle: 1997 W140 S500
Autos of Europe is a great shop. Before bringing them my 1997 S500, I conducted a phone interview with them. The first time I called I spoke to the owner Boris. Boris knows his stuff and actually works in the shop which I enjoyed learning. I needed to delay having them look at my car but when I called again to schedule an appointment this time I spoke to Jeff. Equally knowledgeable as the owner and understood some of the issues with my exact model and year.

After having work done at the shop I highly recommend them. The work is quality, the care they provide to your baby is wondeful and I'll definitely be going back to them. Price was reasonable but I wasn't looking for the lowest priced shop. I wanted to find a shop with a reputable name and knowledge of my car, and they have both.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - Midwest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: