MO, St. Louis - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 07:19 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 92 SL500, 95 E320, 99 ML320, 98 Harley Davidson's Low Rider & Wide Gluide
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mo, St Louis

Thanks to all that have posted info on repair service in the St. Louis area. I've been looking for an alternative to dealerships in this area. I'm tired of poor repair & high bills from Tri-Star.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 08:10 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 2002 MB S500
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Telephone system

I've been try to get a phone system installed for my MY 2002 S500, and thanks to Skylaw and his Bluetooth postings, I have all the parts I need.

I took the car and parts to Autos of Europe and think they do a great job; however they basically admitted they don't feel comfortable doing the job, what a great honest shop (why I like them so much).

Now however, I need to find a good shop that knows the MB system and can install a phone system. My car is pre-wired, but I don't feel comfortable doing it myself.

Anyone know of the best place to take the car when the radio system is in need of upgrading / repair?

Thanks,
SMastin
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 02:32 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 95 E320
I second AkHarmon's recomendation of Erwin Schwarz. I took my E320 there after a bad experience with Autos of Europe and another somewhat less expensive shop. The difference is night and day. they even washed the car when they were done. Erwin Schwarz is amazing and not expensive at all. they quoted me the same price as my old shop which was supposed to be cheaper.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 07:51 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2009
c 230 mb i went to Schwarz for service A , eric and erwin very good guys had a good talk with them very respectable and they took care of my car and the price was unbeatable, my car came out feeling sexy highly recommend schwarz,
eric
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 06:04 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 81 380 SL; 06 E350; 03 CLK500; 03 Ford Explorer
I've used three places in St Louis:

Luxury Car Service in Hazelwood, Ed is a Master tech that previously worked at MB of Dallas and Plaza Motors. They only work on MBs. He's extremly knowledgeable, great personality, and a great teacher. His prices are the most reasonable I've come across. I'm a new customer there but am impressed and will make him my primary shop (314) 522-9200 LuxuryCarServiceCenter.com

Walter's Foreign Car is near Brentwood and Manchester. I've had good luck with them and primarily used them for about 3 years after deciding not to put up with Harold's attitude. They work on all Foreign cars and their prices aren't bad. 314 962-2352

Harold's Star Service near Page and Lindbergh. Harold is also a Master Tech from Plaza Motors, but he's often a grumpy old man. He definately knows MBs but he's my last choice because I don't really wanna deal with his attitude. 314 426-2634
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 03:38 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2011
Vehicle: 1983 3.0L 300TD
I just got a valve job done at Autos of Europe. I didnt really connect with any of the mechanics but Borris the main man is very smart. He listened to my car for like 3 minutes and then had a conclusion which was absolutely right. They are also very good at diagnosing things as I had then check some stuff out, and then just went home and ordered and did it myself. Still a very good shop though.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 03:08 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2007
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm new to St. Louis (4 years), but have had good and bad experiences here.
The work I had done at Plaza motors was eventually acceptable, but it took them three returns to get it tolerable (not 100%, but just tolerably acceptable). I won't go back.

I went into Erwin Schwarz and got a blast of attitude and a huge quote for regular service. I went about a block south down Brentwood to Walter's Foreign Car, which is just south of Erwin Schwarz at Brentwood and Manchester. I received a much better quote, and had the work done there. It was completed and I had no complaints. Good work, good price and I will use them again and again. No, they did not wash my car like Schwartz, but for the difference in price, I could have it painted or detailed 20 times and I do not have to deal with Schwarz's attitude. They work on all Foreign cars and their prices are reasonable. 314 962-2352
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 08:07 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2012
Vehicle: 2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompresser Sport Coupe, 6-speed, leather, pano roof
Great thread! Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop on the Illinois side in Metro St Louis, if any at all?

Seems to me that there are some differing opinions on where to take your Benz, but I was wondering what is considered "reasonable" on pricing.

Seems that Schwartz, Autos of Europe and Walters Foreign car are the top three according to this thread. Correct?

Thanks for your responses

Tim
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 07:15 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2012
Vehicle: 2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompresser Sport Coupe, 6-speed, leather, pano roof
Took "Ina Faye" to Boris @ Autos of Europe for a noise in the rear. They diagnosed it quickly and found a few other items. They took me into the garage and showed the problems to me and explained in detail what they were going to do. The fee structure is prominently placed, so no surprises there.

Boris and his team did a great job! It wasn't cheap, but it was accurate and they did a few extra things that wasn't mentioned for free. :-) He did mention a few other items and even had estimates waiting.

Boris is down to earth and honest, IMHO...but not the cheapest. But, sometimes, especially with a MBZ, cheap isn't always better. :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 08:24 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2012
Vehicle: 2007 ML500
Great thread. Just purchased a ML 500 in need of service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - Midwest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in