post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
NJ, Tenafly

Wolfgang's, on County Road.

They have been there forever. I've seen their shop and showroom as long as I've lived here. They only work on Mercedes, and I had read and heard good things. But I hadn't owned a Benz until recently.

I recently bought a '99 E300TD, and took it to them for a complete inspection and service. They consulted with me very closely on every problem they found and recommendation they made. They got the work done quickly, when promised. Took photos for me, saved old parts to show me the problems they found, and were very honest about the costs and conscientious about wasting my money. The quality of the work was excellent; the car drives wonderfully.

They are not inexpensive, but definitely cheaper than the dealer. And you'll get individual attention. They seem to genuinely take pride in their work, which is nice to find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 10:21 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 2004 E320 4matic Cubanite Silver, 1989 560SL Black Pearl Met.
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Also in Tenafly

Udo's Automotive Corp at 21 County Rd, Tenafly, NJ. (201) 569-7154

I have been using them for years. Did a complete mechanical restoration on my '89 560sl. Have done all the work on my '04 E320 4matic since I purchased it in 2011 and did most of the work on my '97 E320 until I sold it when I got the 4matic. Much better pricing than the dealer.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 08:54 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2012
Vehicle: 2008 CLK 550 Cabriolet
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wolfgang's - I called them on a sunday evening, got a call back (on President's day) at 8:00 a.m. sharp. The lady I spoke to was very pleasant to speak with, had no trouble setting an appointment.

They were flexible on the timing, though it wasn't for a lack of business -- their shop was full and had several cars on the lot when i dropped off.

The gentleman who wrote up the service ticket was also very professional and seemed knowledgeable. To confirm the first post, they exclusively work on Mercedes, so I felt comfortable they'd do the job right.

In this case, I was getting the transmission fluid changed (second time in car's life), an "A" service, and I asked them to lube the sway bar bushing which was creaking over speed bumps, and check a couple small other things.

All told it came to $715 including tax.

If i recall, the trans fluid change was $470 of that, the "A" service was around $200..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - East

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in