Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Smile NJ, Rockaway

I have been using Felipe Cuardra and highly recommend Precision Motors on Route 46 Rockaway, NJ.

As a non-wrenching 124 owner, I need trustworthy resources for my seven 124s.
aej380 likes this.

1995 S124 black on black w painted lowers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 09:33 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1977 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subvet
Smile Rockaway, NJ

YOU GOTTA BRING YOUR BENZ TO THIS GUY!!!!

PRECISION AUTO CENTER CORP.
115 RT. 46 W.,
ROCKAWAY, N.J.
973-625-7600

FELIPE CUADRA IS A VERY PERSONABLE FELLOW, AND HE HAS 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH A LOCAL MERCEDES BENZ DEALER, AND IS UP TO DATE ON ALL MODEL REPAIR INCLUDING VINTAGE. MOST UNUSUAL IN THIS DAY & AGE IS HIS ABILITY TO USE OLD WORLD PROVEN REPAIR TECHNIQUES AND COMBINING THEM WITH COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY TO GIVE YOU A QUICK LASTING REPAIR AT A VERY REASONABLE COST. HE ALSO HAS A LICENSED BODY SHOP TO REPAIR THOSE PESKY RUST SPOTS, FIX DENTS, PAINT YOUR CAR, OR EVEN REPLACE RUSTED FLOORING IN YOUR OLD BENZ TO GIVE IT A NEW LEASE ON LIFE.
HE HAS BEEN REPAIRING MY 250, 240D, C230K & C280 FOR SEVERAL YEARS, AND I HIGHLY RECCOMMEND HIM FOR GOOD HONEST WORK. HIS IS A FAMILY BUSINESS, WITH HIS WIFE & THEIR TWO ADULT CHILDREN LENDING A HAND.
HIS LATEST PROJECTS THAT I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING IS REPLACING A GAS ENGINE WITH A DIESEL IN A OLD SEDAN, WHICH NOW RUNS LIKE A CHARM, AND A COMPLETE REBUILD OF A 2008 E350 ENGINE WHICH HAD SEVERELY DISTORTED CONNECTING RODS DUE TO ENGINE WATER INTAKE.
IT WORTH THE DRIVE TO NEW JERSEY TO HAVE YOUR CAR SERVICED IN HIS SHOP.
JOHN LONGO
A SATISFIED CUSTOMER
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 09:44 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2008
Send a message via AIM to netsfan549
Is he cheap? lol

I drive 95 c280
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
RHW
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Hey John Longo! Nice meet n greet at Precision Auto / Rockaway Diner yesterday. I was impressed, you lured MBCA leadership into a visit.

Next time, we need to learn from our western brothers and bring cameras.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 05:02 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Are his prices reasonable?
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
RHW
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
I do not think he is "cheap" but compared to other local shops, he is EXTREMELY reasonable. The previous shop I was using lost their best mechanic and went way expensive (weak troubleshooting is costly/wasteful) causing me to look around.

Felipe KNOWS your car like non other...which saves you troubleshooting time and money.

It's a family type shop, he hopes to earn his following by doing things right...exactly the kind of mechanic I look for. Nothing about Mercedes maintenance is cheap, but without this kind of mechanic, I'd be back to driving new cars.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 02:54 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 1983 300SD (lapis blue)
Precision Auto...

Felipe is a very good Mercedes mechanic. I have been taking my 300SD to him for repairs that I can't or won't do myself for four years now. Unless the rates have gone up since last April, his labor rate is $75/hr. So far the repairs done at his shop have been first rate. I would tell anyone to go to his shop, he'll fix it all, not just Mercedes.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 08:28 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2009
Vehicle: W209 CLK 350
Just called them for a quote on an oil change for my CLK 350 06. They want $95. I find it quite reasonable considering the $650 Merc wants for the Service B which I have read is only a glorified oil change.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 03:22 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 1983 300SD (lapis blue)
Precision Auto in Rockaway, NJ...

Been taking my 300SD to his shop for about four years now, since I became the second owner of my '83. Since some inattentive kid decided to make a u-turn without looking first, I will find out if the bodyshop does as well as the garage. Fortunately the late model Jeep Cherokee he was driving was no match for the Benz. Felipe came up with a quote for fixing the damage this kid did, and it was low enough to get his insurance to pay for all the repairs, not total the car due to it's advanced age and mileage. Going in on Monday and hopefully by the end of the week, it will look better than before I got hit. We shall see....
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 08:53 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: Buttercup '80 240D and Daisy '81 300TD aka "The Girls"
Thank you Felipe!!!
I have a 240d and my daughters drive 300TD to college. The brakes needed replacing and my son and I tried to do it. After we broke off a caliper bolt, we realized we needed "professional help". The car wouldn't start, and a local mechanic said we needed a new starter (which is a bear to replace if you don't have a lift.) We read the recommendations above and had it towed to Felipe. He patched up the damage, replaced the brakes, lines and a bad caliper; found we didn't need a starter -but rather a voltage regulator; he tightened the transmission; hooked up something on the rear hydraulic shockes that wasn't working since we got the car; replaced the filters, gave it pep that it never had. All for a little over a thousand. (And we were thinking of junking it.) He took care of us even though he was getting ready to go on vacation, and spent time telling my daughter how to start the car in the winter without being able to plug in the block heater (she has to park it in Siberia at college). Having a mechanic who knows the model makes a HUGE difference (he used to own one of these). Other mechanics were clueless and thus more expensive. Having a mechanic who cares and has integrity...PRICELESS. Thanks again Felipe! In the words of Arnold..."I'll be back."
Bill Cobb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - East

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in