I have nothing but good things to say about Precision Auto Center in Rockaway, NJ.
Felipe, Lauren & Sandy have taken great care of us.
We bought a 1986 560SL (@54K Miles) in October 2013 & took it to Felipe to check out before finalizing purchase.
This is the first older MB that we had owned.
Also owning more contemporary MB models, we were well aware of the dealer costs after all the "coverage" runs out.
Cosmetically the 560SL was nearly perfect.
It need a few minor replacements / repairs mechanically (new Hardtop seals, new AC compressor & other rubber parts, etc.)
They did everything at a fair price, and seemed to try to save us some money were possible.
The SL will always go back to them when it needs repair, although it's run for a year+ with no issues.
We push this car just a hard as the newer MB cars we own, which is not "casually", and it holds up to it without breathing hard.
If you have an older MB (or other Brand, especially German), you should check them out.
Well First of All, He is not cheap, he is close to Dealer price or more, depends on how you look at it.
1) He marks up parts at MSRP OR More, where similar parts available 1/4 price on the web.
2) For regular maintenance or fix such as Brakes, Oil Change, Transmission Oil Change, Tune Ups, Suspension Issues
his charges are much higher than any other mechanics and you do not need pay high price on such issue. Unless issue which cannot be fixed by regular mechanics and requires special software to fix issue, it may make sense to go to him.
3) He Removes old part from other cars and puts in your car and charges you full parts price.
4) He will never call you and give you estimate before fixing the car. He will fix your car and demand for his charges which you do not have choice.
5) He will never give you your car back at the time what he promises. You always have to go couple of times to him before car is ready.
6) He is extremely rude and treats customer like jerk, if you have gone enough time to him you will know.
One thing I can agree that he knows how to fix Mercedes but so as MB Dealer if you are going to pay such high price or unfriendly treatment.