Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanted: Advice/sale/trade/removal of 98 CLK320 parts

237 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  OlyGirl 
#1 ·
Meg from Olympia, WA and I have a black 98 clk320 coupe with a salvage title due to rear end damage (bumper/trunk/tail lights). I have already sold some parts, have removed others that are in the garage, and have a list of parts that I need removed (to sell) and I would appreciate any advice or leads. Also, I guessed on best forum so clue me in if I am wrong. Anyhow, the main issue is that I am on a tight timeline (30 days preferred, 60 max) and I need help parting it out. My ex and I broke up and the car has been untouched in a field since last summer. I am trying to avoid putting an ad on CL for general help but I don’t know what the going rate is for this type of work and if a wrecking yard would dismantle at my property or if an auto body/collision expert would do this sort of thing for a side gig. Any advice on where to turn and how much to pay? I don’t want/need most of what’s under the hood (solid engine with under 150K) if barter is possible and I have cash but would want to pay flat rate or pay per piece removed (no hourly). I also have a ton of random barter (anything and everything) as well (guy stuff, building materials, hunting, ammo, etc.). I won’t need any help loading removed parts and no transport needed, just removal. I called the wrecking yard about pickup and they offered my like $200 or some low blow offer. I have sold 50k on ebay in the last decade and have over 500 transactions so I know there is money to be made with the remaining parts I am interested in. Any suggestions, comments, leads appreciated. Here is the rundown..

Sold:
• Front and back seats (custom reupholstered Gucci)
• Matching door inserts and console
• Toyo Proxes and Foose Rims
• 1 front fender
• Transmission
• 1 front headlight
• Spare tire, battery
• Visors

Removed and ready to sell:
• Grill
• AC unit (worked fine when car was running. Selling as is, untested. Missing one black side trim panel
• Gear shifter with trim
• Fob with key
• 1 headlight
• 1 passenger seat on rails with motor (guy who bought my seats couldn’t fit it in his truck and gave it up)

Need removed so I can sell:
• Hood and struts
• Front bumper cover and bumper
• Airbag
• Steering wheel
• Dash cluster panel
• Doors
• Engine cover
• Dash
• ECU
• Glovebox
• Sunroof glass and cassette
• Possible headliner if in ok condition

Thanks.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.