Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeFORE you do a trade in with your dealer

505 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Whiteys500 
#1 ·
I'd appreciate considering this first. I'm looking for that rare egg, a decent, well maintained MB that you plan to trade in, as you're fortunate enough to be able to get a new (or much newer) one.

I just lost my 2001 E430 (hit in the back) and am looking for something very similar (I'd consider a wagon, too). The good news: I'm in the 1%. The bad news: It's the bottom 1% (going for a laugh here, not sympathy). I believe the best cars to buy are well used but well cared for quality vehicles; that's why I'm reaching out here in the chance someone reading this is about to trade one in. My budget is around 3-3500 (I can stretch a few hundred bucks, but that'll mean my 6 year old son will be eating oatmeal for a couple of months ( I keep telling him that gruel builds character, he just looks at me sardonically).

I live in Yonkers, NY, and am willing to travel around 100 miles, or a bit more (my old one is still drivable) to meet you... or perhaps you know someone with a car but doesn't read these forums; I'd appreciate your passing on this message, if so.

Don't care about just about anything (color, features, etc.) except a car that is maintained as well as I have mine (been buying used MBs for decades).

I'm not sure what the policy is on proper communication here, my email is DB1217@yahoo, please contact me as soon as is practicable if you can.

Thanks,

Dan

ps... if it matters, I can and do promise I'll take very good care of the car, and I'm not (nor have I ever been) a dealer, or anything like that.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.