Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for help! Nice '87 560SL FS in CT

456 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mshea 
#1 ·
Hi guys, it's been a while....apparently since Jan. '16 since I logged on which is hard to believe. Nothing personal, just a hectic year! On the bright side, my '87 'project' is probably as completed as I'm going to make it. If I were (am) OCD, I'd next replace the soft top but only because the interior is showing its age.

My wife recently extended a very interesting offer to me. Surprisingly, she wants me to keep our 2500HD pickup truck (vehicle of last resort) instead of my plan to swap it for a second MB wagon. I found a loaded, 15k mile '14 to keep our '11 company. According to her, the wise woman she is, "if you do this, you'll probably want to sell the '11 (hers) in six months to buy a sports car. So if we keep the 2500HD as 'the ultimate family hauler', why don't you just get a sports car now?" "SERIOUSLY?", I ask. "Two seats?!" "Sure! (actually smiling!)...but shouldn't we sell the little MB to make room in the garage?" Uh oh.

Bottom line, she happily agreed to let me pick up a '16 AMG GTS, albeit with the understanding I try to find a good home for the 560SL garage queen. Hard to argue the point since the GTS is now in the garage too.

Because this forum was so generous with support over the years during my 'refresh' project, I thought to post this here in case anyone is interested. I'd prefer to see her go to a great home. She honestly needs nothing I can think of (although the directionals just stopped working). Otherwise, she's completely sorted and ready to drive anywhere. Not concourse but truly a fine condition' driver. If I didn't mention enough in the ad, feel free to ping me for details. Price is somewhat negotiable to fanatic buyer.

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/6125639332.html

If I can't find her a good home, we'll keep her. I'll probably still find occasion to use her the whopping 1k/miles/year that she sees now and this will give me an excuse to install the new top!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.