Up for sale is my 1996 Mercedes Benz E300 Diesel that I have owned for the last 13 years and have taken very good care of. I wanted to list it here first, since I have been a member on this forum for over 10 years. The car is black with parchment interior. It is the base model with no sunroof and the seats are in MB Tex material, which I consider both to be a plus. I purchased the E300 with 47K miles and it currently has 165K. I have always used Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel synthetic oil for every 5K mile oil change. The transmission has been serviced three times at approximately 30k miles intervals. The cylinder head was redone approximately 35K miles ago due to a broken glow plug, so a valve job and new head gasket were done at that time. Recently within the last 10K miles the cooling system was gone through which included a new MB radiator, water pump, thermostat, and all hoses were replaced. Soon after at approximately 157K the suspension received four performance KYB shocks, tie rods, ball joints, and the brakes were refreshed with new pads and rotors. Also, within the last 3K miles the 6 injectors were replaced with new Bosch units, all plastic fuel lines, the delivery seals for the injection pump, and a new shut off valve. Oh, and I also upgraded to Viton seals. Recently, last week the serpentine belt, tensioner, and spring were replaced. I installed the 16" wheels from my W211 which were painted flat black using Plasti Dip removable paint. This was done to enhance the look of the car and due to failing clear and minor curb rash on two of the wheels. The wheels are wrapped with a set of Michelin MXM4 Pilot HXs that have approximately 90% tread life left. I replaced the front headlights and rear tail lights with Depo units. The battery on the car is 8 months old. The car has been very dependable and good to me during my ownership.
I gave the car to my son as his first car in January of this year and during his ownership the car acquired some cosmetic issues that I will outline below along with any other faults.
- The lower radiator support was pushed in after going over a speed bump. It does not affect car in anyway, however I want to be fully transparent.
- The rear bumper cover is cracked in the middle, where he backed into a parking lot pole. It is pictured, but has gotten worse.
- The driver rear window regulator is broken, but I have a new one that goes with the car.
- Central locking is not working due to a vacuum leak.
- AC is not functional, I believe it is the compressor clutch. The system is fully charged with no leaks, and the heat works great with a new dual valve.
- The rear view mirror casing is cracked. The security system works fine.
- Dash has cracks under the dash mat.
- The hood ornament is broken, but I have a new one to replace it with.
- The car recently started puffing blue smoke occasionally at around 2.5K RPMs, but it is not and issue at idle or past 3K RPMs, the smoke is not constant. My mechanic thinks that it is either the valve stem seals that need to be replaced or the intake and resonator flaps that need to be removed and cleaned. The engine is using approximately 1/2 quart of oil every 5K miles.
Overall it is a rust free South Florida car with quite a bit of maintenance done to it recently. I do have the original window sticker, manuals, service records, and receipts for parts that I have purchased over the years. During it's time with me I have had four Mercedes Benz Master Tech mechanics work on the car. Like I said, it has been a very good and dependable car.
I can assist with shipping the car at a wholesale rate through a friend that owns a VW & Audi junkyard. For example I just quoted two transports from South Florida for my 230C to Ohio for $425, and California for $725.
I am asking $2,900 and have a clean title in my name. I will consider a partial trade for a set of 18" or 19" AMG wheels to fit my 2005 W211. Please PM or email me at Collin380@yahoo.com
with any questions. Also, feel free to checkout my feedback as a seller on eBay under username Collin380.
You can view pictures of the E300 here: