Mercedes Benz SL Class | eBay
Writing this gives me a great pause of disbelief! I never thought i would sell. I simply cant get enough of classic cars but I am truly limited on space and cars must be driven.
I've priced it less than the collector status market would probably net just in the interest of moving on. I will truly miss this car. I've seen pristine 560's going for the mid 30's.
This is a wonderful, wonderful car! I own many classic cars and this one is just very special. If you know the 560SL you know its a solid German tank but with incredible grace. Strong in ever aspect and drives with such a comfortable force.
When i was a kid my mother purchased a brand new 380SL and i had the great fortunate in picking it up at the dealership. I was only 16 and the drive home was so awe inspiring that i knew one day i would own one too. It took me 31 years to find another pristine example. I purchased this one from the original owner after a long search.
Many SL's look great in ads but not many look as good in person. This one does.
- Runs excellent
- Starts immediately
- Operates very quietly
- Brakes excellent
- Shift perfectly
- Rides flawlessly
- Doors, Trunk and Hood close decisively
- Lights, Horn, Radio & Gauges all work as they should
- Interior leather in good shape
- Recent Oil change/filter/spark plugs/cap/points/rotor
- 66,000 miles
As close to perfect this is, it does have some flaws:
- Matching Hard top has some scratches from storage.
- Body has 3 faint dings from storage
- Scratch on trunk from hardtop install
- Original wheels have a little tarnish
- Armrest leather has some creases
- Small scratch/dent on chrome bumper apron
- Original AC Freon and is not very cold
- Stain on trunk carpet
- Stain on console carpet
- Drivers seat shoulder back has a 3' tear where it rubs on seat belt.
The gentleman i purchased it from did not have a service history binder. He was very elderly and this was his baby and it shows. I was sure it was well serviced because of its condition so i gladly purchased it without one.
Comes with full Mercedes Benz car cover and Convertible Bimini cover.
Has Pirellis on front and Michelin Sports on rear.
Buying Option: I have a rare set of Euro Headlights that i considered having installed because i like that look. I never did. They are available for an additional $2,000.00
Email me - Ted@americanhammer.com
815-543-3413 - text