Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: AMG staggered wheels/tires package 2114012602/2702

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Airport Car 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello there,

After almost 18 months of work, my new (to me) 1993 600SEC is finally ready to roll.
The car came to me with an AMG staggered set from a late model E55, I believe.
Part numbers for the wheels are 2114012602 (front) and 2114012702 (rear)
These are original AMG products made in Austria.

The wheels are in excellent shape with some minor imperfections (curb rash on 3, as pictured).

Front are 8" wide, rear are 9" wide.
Offset for the front -- ET 30 mm
Offset for the rear -- ET 33 mm

The tires are directional. Vredestein Guigiaro made in the Netherlands.

Front are 245/40/ZR18 97Y
Rear are 265/35/ZR18 97Y
Treadwear 280, traction AA, temperature A

Production year 2009, but in fantastic condition.
I have put zero miles on them. The previous owner had less than 1000 miles over his ca. 5 years of ownership.

The tires are slightly undersized for the C140 (>5% smaller diameter than the stock 235/60/16).
This is the main reason I'd like to sell them and get another set.
More details are mentioned here:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/2626602-engine-roared-today-finally.html#post14323466

$1000 for the set. I am in the northern part of Delaware and will prefer to deal locally. Shipping can be arranged, but at buyer's expense.

PM me if interested.

Best regards,
Steve

PS Will not break the set. Center caps included.

See less See more
#3 ·
Stock wheels in general are a hard sell unless they are a special or "rare" version. Most people that update their wheels want something different then the average car on the road. 7 yr old tires are probably not helping your sale much either. Most people are replacing them by then. I'm sure not many people in the states have ever heard of that brand.....They maybe an excellent tire I don't know, but people tend to buy what they are familiar with. Shipping is always an issue when selling something as bulky and heavy as wheels/tires too. This leaves the local market which depending on where you live maybe slim pickins. Just my two cents since you wanted someone to chime in. CHIME ;-) Good luck with the sale. Maybe try ebay and sell them individually....some people maybe looking for a single rim to replace a damaged/cracked rim to match their stock set. Just an idea.

#4 · (Edited)
Stock wheels in general are a hard sell unless they are a special or "rare" version. Most people that update their wheels want something different then the average car on the road. 7 yr old tires are probably not helping your sale much either. Most people are replacing them by then. I'm sure not many people in the states have ever heard of that brand.....They maybe an excellent tire I don't know, but people tend to buy what they are familiar with. Shipping is always an issue when selling something as bulky and heavy as wheels/tires too. This leaves the local market which depending on where you live maybe slim pickins. Just my two cents since you wanted someone to chime in. CHIME ;-) Good luck with the sale. Maybe try ebay and sell them individually....some people maybe looking for a single rim to replace a damaged/cracked rim to match their stock set. Just an idea.
Thank you for the response. Points well taken.
I've got a brief follow up question, if you don't mind -- my C140 is my first Benz product and I am not familiar with the new ones. I have no idea of what stock rims mean to you and the owners of the cars that these wheels could fit.

The AMG rims (not replicas) for the old MBs cannot be called "stock".

Anyhow, reading between the lines means that $1K for the set is not THE price that will attract potential buyers.

Best regards,
Steve

#7 · (Edited)
I've gotten a few PMs with the question "do the wheels have TMPS?"

I don't know if there are TMPS sensors.
My early w140 does not come with this option and short of dismounting the tires of the rims, I cannot think of another way to confirm it.

A member also suggested I add a close-up picture of the valve stem -- I've done just that below (apologies for the lack of focus, my camera could not do any better)

Steve

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
No, not a gimmick. Rubber doesn't last forever and hardens/cracks as it ages.
CA regulations are perhaps on the extreme side of things by "prohibiting" shops to touch older tires, but the latter are already mounted on the rims, and there is no need to visit a tire shop for installation.

I said earlier that if the tires are discarded, I could still use the rims. But, after reading and re-reading all fitment guides, I think I know why the PO has chosen undersized tires -- the offset on those rims is too low and a 285 mm wide tire will be pushed too far out and may interfere with the fender edge.

I will have to get another set of rims with offset in the 40-50 mm range. ET 30 /33 mm will not work for the c140 body.

These must go. If interested, PM me and make me an offer.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.