post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Apr 2016
Vehicle: 1997 Mercedes SL 600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS 1997 MB SL 600 in fair condition

I am selling my SL 600 for $ 3,000.00. This car has a strong V12 motor in great condition.Most of the problems with the car are cosmetic, other than a few issues I will describe to the best of my ability.
The car is black exterior with black/grey interior. The motor has no issues at all and has 188,000 miles. The oil was changed consistently up till 7 months ago.Premium fuel is the only fuel that has ever been dispensed into tank. All four tires are brand new 17's but the rims have 3 chromed and one not chromed. I have an extra set of amg chrome wheels that fit on 16's and come with the sale of the car. It has a removable panoramic roof with a soft black convertible. Steering wheel and center console are burl wood, and leather.
Now for the negatives... The registration is expired by 6 months. The front and back brake pads are gone. When I press on the brake I hear air (possibly a leak from the brake booster unit ), The ABS light , ESP light , check engine light , and seat belt lights are usually on, but not always. At certain times the ADS light is on. At one point someone put something in the rear of the car and hit something which disturbed the alarm for the hardtop,so each time the car is started it beeps for a few seconds and then stops, but the light continues to flash until the car is turned off. Approximately 8 months ago I went to start the car and could not unlock my steering . A pin in the ignition switch up underneath the dash wore out. A friend removed the ignition which released the steering but now the key won't go all the way to the first off position and that is when the check engine light came on. Before driving it my friend connected a code reading device which said is was misfiring from 5 and 7, so I replaced 2 coil packs. When I make a right turn I hear what sounds like a bad ball joint, the passenger door needs repainting . The rear view mirror frame cracked ao the parts are in a box. The driver side mirror is partially discolored. The passenger side window will not go down because it must need a new motor. The thread on the leather of the passenger seat has separated. The driver side looks like it is beginning to do the same. The fog lights are both cracked. as is the molding that they are in. The V12 emblem on the gear shift popped off and went underneath the passenger seat and I can not seem to grab hold of it. The windshield has 3 small chips. If you have an questions I will respond quickly. Thank you for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160425_164744.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1858665   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160425_163022.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	1858673   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160425_162557.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1858681   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160425_165448.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1858697   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160425_163146.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1858705  

Kenike1969 likes this.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: