For sale 1992 SL300.
I've just finished rebuilding this one and found out I'm being relocated to Texas. This would be a perfect car for Texas but I won't have the 3rd car garage to store it.
Car has 134,000 miles total. However, after rebuild I've only put about 4,000 miles on it.
So here's the deal.
Over the past 2 years I've spent over $11,000 on this car. I have all receipts and can prove all work has been done. I know I can't get $11,000 for the car. It was meant to be a fun reliable car for my wife and I to enjoy on nice weekends. However, due to the relocation we've decided we will have to let it go.
I'm only asking $7,000.... It's worth it every penny.
Here are the list of itemized items that have been done since I purchased the car 2 years ago.
Bodywork and New Diamond Pearl Paint
CONVERTIBLE TOP Work
- New Convertible Top
- New Hydraulic Pump for Convertible
- All 12 Hydraulic cylinders rebuilt for convertible top (Top Hydraulics Inc.)
- New Fuel Lambda unit
- Entire fuel distribution system replaced
- New Plugs
- New distributor
- New fuel injectors
- New thermostat
- New Engine Temp gauge
- New Tensioner Assy
- New Coolant Resevoir
- New Coolant Hoses
- All aluminum fuses replaced with Copper
- New Hood insulation Pad
- Water pump is getting close to needing replaced. ( can replace it for an additional $750 or I can sell it as is)
The Pesky engine sputter problem that seems to plague most early model 300SL's has been resolved in this car.
- All damaged/worn seats repaired (including console)
- New headlight module and switch
- All exterior bulbs replaced
- Dash retrofit with LED lights.
- Chrome rings around gauge openings
- Seat switch modules
Carpet and interior look brand new
Coolant flushed and replaced (when new coolant tank was installed)
Replaced Power steering and Power brake fluids
This car was in an accident prior to me purchasing it. The front passenger fender had a dent. It was repaired when the car was painted. I have the pictures of the car as it was being repaired so you can see the damage was minimal.
If you are interested please access my profile and send me a private message.
This is not a show car. It was never intended for that. I rebuilt it for the purpose of driving it not looking at it.