Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1995 MB S600; 2001 MB E430 4Matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
FS: 1995 S600 W140
Hi Everyone - I am listing for sale a 1995 S600 w/ approximately 79,000 miles. My father purchased this car from the original owner in the mid 2000's and he subsequently gave the car to me in the late 2000's. Unfortunately, I am unable to maintain and fix the car so I'm offering the car for sale. I want to be as honest as i can about the car and give anyone interested the facts before making an offer. This car is located in northern New Jersey.
Here's what I know to be wrong with the car:
1) Car has the original wiring harness
2) The shock light comes on intermittently. I had the mechanic do a scan and the code for the steering angle sensor came up. I believe the sensor is approximately $400 - $500
3) There is a clunking noise coming from the front passenger side. Mechanic took a look and the grease seems to have leaked out of the shock and most likely needs to have both shocks replaced. This car has the ADS. Shocks are $1500 - $1600 for the pair
4) Both the ASR and Check Engine lights are on (car is now in "safe mode"). I would assume the ETA needs to be "rebuilt/rewired". I think Victor at "Restore Your Mercedes" and/or BBA charge about $1,000 for rebuilding.
5) The driver's door lock doesn't open with the remote. I guess it needs an actuator. All the doors do lock with the remote and all doors unlock, except the driver's door.
Now, I'm not delusional. I know the car needs a lot of work. Before the ETA issue which happened about a month ago, I would drive the car down to Atlantic City twice a month - totally reliable, totally comfortable and never a problem. I know some of you are very mechanically inclined and others like Stryker do restoration. Nonetheless, I'm just looking for a reasonable cash offer for this as is condition car. Otherwise, I'll just donate it to Kars for Kids and use it as a tax deduction.
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and I'll answer to the best of my ability.
Thanks for looking