w108,107 Parts Hoarder
Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: 4Keep:450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG 2sell:500sl92 380se83 300se86 350sl4sp 75slc MorInSig
Location: Philadelphia Area
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1625 Post(s)
If you have a fedex account (very easy to create), I found the easiest way to ship wheels with tires is:
- stack two wheels faces together.
- wrap in Saran Wrap packing wrap to hold the two wheels together.
- cut cardboard circles to cover the back sides of the wheels.
- packing tape the circles to the wheels going all the way around several times.
- wrap in more packing Saran Wrap going in all directions.
- put the ~100lbs package over your head and get on the bathroom scale to determine the weight (and subtract your weight).
- roll the wheels into your truck. And notice that they don't tip over like individually wrapped wheels do.
- print your labels online for FedEx ground, and use drop at FedEx / kinkos, hold for pickup at a FedEx / kinkos. I have found this to be incredibly reasonably priced.
Give it a try with your fedex account to see the actual shipping cost. You can even print a label for the seller of they don't have an account.