BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 1997 w140/s420
Location: atlanta, georgia
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Original Owner-'97 w140/s420 LOWERED PRICE-Atlanta-$4250 obo
This w140 has been in my family since new; I test drove it with my father in January, 1997. My father drove it on a daily basis until 2012, when he gave it to me. I now need a more practical car for work and must let it go. Here are the vital stats:
1) Color-Brilliant Silver
2) Mileage: 210,000
3) Service-up to date: oil/filter recently changed with the usual synthetic
4) Modifications-H&R lowering springs (very conservative drop) and new bilsteins completed at around 203,000-control arms bushings replaced at the same time, along with sway bar endlinks and ball joints. 18" AMG wheels with new BF Goodrich tires all around. I also had the original head unit repair by Becker and, at the same time, had an AUX output installed so I can run sat radio/use my ipod. 35% window tint all around.
5) emissions current-no check engine lights.
6) Comprehensive service records-my father and I are meticulous and I have a file which is approximately 1.5" thick of maintenance and repair records
1) Mechanical-excellent condition, i.e. engine runs smoothly; I do not need to add oil in between changes (though I believe it is weeping a small amount of oil from around the valve cover area, but not enough to land on my floor). The transmission shifts smoothly. As noted above, I completed a rather comprehensive refresh of the suspension. At the time, I also had the front & rear flex discs done, along with engine and tranny mounts. The car was, of course, professionally aligned and balanced. The tires have plenty of tread left. This w140 drives smoothly and confidently on the highway.
One of the big ticket items on this car is the A/C; the HVAC on this car has been extensively redone to include 1) the evaporator! 2) a new compressor 3) new fan blower & regulator,and 4) new push-button control unit. the AC blows cold.
2) Exterior- I would give this car a 6/10; while the paint is glossy, it has had some paintwork over the course of its 18 years. Approximately two years ago, the front driver's fender was replaced after a hit and run incident. The paintwork was done well. The passenger side was resprayed several years ago after being keyed, but not to the level I would have liked. Similarly, the body clad moldings were resprayed, but could have been done better. Recently, the hood emblem broke off, but that is around a $25 or $35 part. there is no curb rash on the AMGs.
3) Interior- 7/10. The seats remain firm with only minimal driver side bolster wear. There is some cracking on the driver's and passenger's seat, but overall, the leather remains supple. The driver's wheel shows expected wear. the rear seats are in excellent shape. the dash has no cracks and the burled wood is in good shape.
Items which need to be addressed-
1) the windshield is cracked and requires replacement.
2) the wiper motor may need to be replaced.
3) the sunroof cover's material is coming off and will need to be reglued/replaced
4) the rear windows are beginning to intermittently not work
5) the gas guage acts up once it gets below a half a tank
I am asking $4250 OBO. Again, I am located in Atlanta. My name is jimmy. Thanks for looking.
Last edited by jjanari; 08-25-2015 at 04:27 AM.
Reason: price drop