Hello all. I'm selling a 1983 280GE, recently imported from a very arid region of Spain, but now in Virginia with a clear VA title and copies of all relevant DOT, EPA and Customs/Border patrol documentation. It is a very nice truck and has ABSOLUTELY NO RUST. Details are as follows:
- 280GE with four-speed manual transmission.
- 119,000 original miles.
- Fresh "weissengelb" ("wheat yellow") paintwork over black and gray plaid cloth and black vinyl interior.
- Factory Alloys with nearly new BFG All Terrains
- 2.8L DOHC inline 6-cylinder gasoline engine and 4-speed manual.
- No rust.
- Mechanically excellent with freshly rebuilt fuel distributor, new injectors, exhaust, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, cold start sensor, and more. Cruises easily at 110kp/h with plenty more in reserve. No smoke, idles smoothly and accelerates very well. No leaks. All lights and gauges work correctly.
- Trailer hitch with electrics (EU specification).
- Interior original, and showing some wear, but no substantial damage.
NEEDS: There is one crack in the center console, near the levers for the locking differentials, the windshield wiper switch works only on high speed (likely needs a new multifunction switch) and the factory air conditioning doesn't work.
I recently completed a long road trip around Spain in this 280GE, and you can read about how I bought it and more about how it drives here: 1983 Mercedes-Benz 280GE ? Valencia Classic Vehicle Consulting
Price is $21,500 and it will be sold through a licensed Virginia used car dealership in Richmond, VA. You are welcome to come and drive it, have a pre-purchase done, etc.
Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I love this truck, and would be happy to speak with anyone about it. I can be reached by telephone if needed, but I am currently living in Spain, so send me a message if you want and I will forward my telephone number.
Thanks, and attached are some photos...