- I bought gray velour orthopads for my gray velour interior 280slc. They have vinyl backs which don't really match the interior, but I didn't think I would ever find anything better. They appeared to "made for my car".
- full gray velour Classic C come up for sale on ebay and I say, "oh well. I already got mine, and nobody's going to want my gray velour orthopads."
- I see Luke Colorado is seeking recaros and he was looking at the same seats that were not described as perfect. The seller wouldn't test the functions, and in order to get him to ship, I had to send him boxes, instructions, and pre-printed shipping labels for FedEx to pick them up. Luke didn't want to deal with the seller. I was willing. So we worked out a plan, and he tested out my orthopads in person. He was going to get the orthopads to recover and the w126 adapters.
- Luke gave me 50% deposit and I promised to deliver them before Christmas. I didn't make the delivery by Xmas, and I can't remember if it was before or after, but Luke was deciding that the stock seats would be a more cost effective and maybe even better solution. I don't blame him. I should have acted faster. That was the risk I took.
- I dragged my feet for months in returning Luke's deposit in hopes he would change his mind. No luck on that!