91 560 SEL $8200 SALT FREE UNMOLESTED ORIGINAL 82K MILES - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 11:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1989 560 SEC - V-8 Kompressor - 95 E320 Estate
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Not the best news, but for the price not a bad investment. Could be worse, i.e. A/C broken, sunroof doesn't work, 2 windows don't work, needs tires, brakes, antenna broken, no reverse, transmission flares, high idle, seat heaters broken, needs windshield, rear window due to delamination, rust, leather needs dyeing, door locks inop, radio broke, SLS broke, and on and on.

That's why the well sorted cars go for mid teens and that doesn't guarantee you anything except you are soooo deep into the car you have to pay the price for repairs just to get out of it. These cars are about 25 years old! Anyone out there watching a 25 yr old TV? using a 25 yr old washer, dryer, refrigerator, hot water tank? For $8k you can always get a semi-nice Accord or Camry with about 150k on it. Nobody buys a 25 yr old Ford, Chevy or Dodge to be a daily driver or weekend fun machine. If they do, they pay $15-20k for a nice one. You still just have an old Ford, Chevy or Dodge. Nothing even close to special about those cars except nostalgia.

I would take the information from the PPI and negotiate. Facts are facts! That's the true beauty of a PPI. Time to make a deal if that is the car you want. If you get serious give JeremyM3 1/2 of what he paid for the PPI and take that info with you to the dealer. That's my $.02 cents of wisdom. Mike

1989 560 SEC Supercharged - 317+ rwhp - H&R lowered - OZ Nova's - upgraded brakes - AMG Tri-Y's - Bergwerks FGS - a true Euro Rod
1995 E420
1988 Euro 560SEL
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 12:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2013
Vehicle: 90 350SDL, 98 S420, 97 SL500, 94 S420, past owner of W108/W112/W114/W123/W124/W126/W140 & W220 cars
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Originally Posted by JeremyM3 View Post
Guys, I was in touch with the Mercedes Benz dealership in NW Arkansas a few weeks back on this car as I was interested. However the Mercedes dealership sent me a list of items that need attention which are as follows. Anyone who wants more details please feel free to PM me. I passed on the car.

Replace front shocks
Replace engine belts
Left cylinder head gasket – slight leak
Valve cover gaskets leaking
Replace center link
Replace rear section of exhaust
Engine air filter
Fuel filter
Steering box is leaking
Transmission is leaking
What I am wondering is why an obviously commercial seller is allowed to post here? I thought that was against the rules?

This guy is an employee of NW Arkansas MB from the looks of things.

I will ask: fabbrisd1, are you the owner of this vehicle?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 11:04 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2014
Vehicle: 1988 560 SEL; 1999 CLK320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
MB of NW Arkansas sold the car this morning. It was at a dealer and owned by them. Looked like a commercial ad to me too.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: